• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United midfielder Alan McCormack suffers calf injury in defeat

With the predicament we are in ,I wonder how many more will suffer injuries before the season ends.

Personally I don’t think he’s done **** all since he’s been back on the pitch, I would say his age and losing a yard of pace translates into frustration on the pitch for him which is why he keeps giving away silly fouls, that’s something we don’t need.
Shame because we all know how good he was back in the day but it’s not the same player for me

Macca has a historical calf problem. This was known when signed. This is just a continuation. Looking at 4 weeks min then obviously trying to get 60 mins fit (around his max).
Olayinkas groin initially responded to an injection a few weeks ago which is very common. It's also common it wouldn't do the job well enough and I'd suspect an op will be the next stop.
White will need another week min by the sound of it, but as long as under 3 weeks in total the muscle memory factor should mean it won't take much to be match fit.
I didn't realise how bad rangers injury was. I heard the muscle got detached from the bone so his will be several months min. He's still contracted on a rolling basis.
With Taylor's poor match recovery ability and macca out, it would seem there may be no choice than utilising JD back in the middle despite the benefits to the team of displays at right back. I expect he enjoyed and much preferred his true position and Elvis can play in front of him, but there's no one else does the nasty mid job better.
So, common sense suggests JD mid and Elvis back in at right back. But there's always the high probability of a bit of MM tinkering to shape and who goes where.
Morecambe is such a big game now. A win and col u lose them who knows. The lads go up there today so let's wish them well.

Last edited:
one of many to get the end of season mystery strain or hamstring pull, so they can't be blamed

down to just 15 players by next week ……...cancel this training then they can't blame it on that

Macca has a historical calf problem. This was known when signed. This is just a continuatoon. Looking at 4 weeks min then obviously trying to get 60 mins fit (around his max).
Olayinkas groin initially responded to an injection a few weeks ago which is very common. It's also common it wouldn't do the job well enough and I'd suspect an op will be the next stop.
White will need another week min by the sound of it, but as long as under 3 weeks in total the muscle memory factor should mean it won't take much to be match fit.
I didn't realise how bad rangers injury was. I heard the muscle got detached from the bone so his will be several months min. He's still contracted on a rolling basis.
With Taylor's poor match recovery ability and macca out, it would seem there may be no choice than utilising JD back in the middle despite the benefits to the team of displays at right back. I expect he enjoyed and much preferred his true position and Elvis can play in front of him, but there's no one else does the nasty mid job better.
So, common sense suggests JD mid and Elvis back in at right back. But there's always the high probability of a bit of MM tinkering to shape and who goes where.
Morecambe is such a big game now. A win and col u lose them who knows. The lads go up there today so let's wish them well.

I'd take Mellis in the middle over Demi.

Signing Macca was always a case of beggars can't be choosers.
Right from the get-go was never convinced he would last the season.
So, to play as many as much as he did was slightly beyond expectations.
Will we miss him?
I think we would have missed the 25-year-old McCormack big time.

Yeah. Mellis is a centre mid and I believe was playing often in league one in the early part of the season. Quite what he’s done to have yet to warrant a start I don’t know

I suspect it’s what he doesn’t seem to do in the few minutes he has played which is pick up a man, mark him or tackle.

Back