• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Isaac Hutchinson completes move to Derby County

Amazing how these "Championship clubs" can see something which many of our own fans can't.

The abuse that both he and his father have received on social media - and in person at Dover - was and is disgraceful.

With the right people around him and behind him, then whoever it is will see exactly the player that we have seen only fleetingly.

Good luck Isaac - and at least his dad won't have the Colchester/Southend dilemma any more!

Just goes to show what I know ! Have seen him half a dozen times and never been impressed, whether it’s because he has played central midfield every time I’ve seen him...which he really isn’t at this stage of his career...I’m not sure, but good luck to the lad if he gets a move further up the chain .....can’t help but feel this will push Kelman into even more of a sulk though

Well done Hutch and good luck,
Probably not the player you need for a relegation scrap in any division.
Looks very confident when he is on the ball, whether that confidence is misplaced I don't know, he's certainly not very good at getting it back if he loses it.

Good prospect though, if the right set up can train him to their way of playing, unfortunately, as previously said 4 of our manager's couldn't

I think Hutch has a lot of attributes to be a decent player in years to come, however we are in a hole here and if there are 3 Championship clubs bidding for him then let's take their money and a sell-on clause and move on.

He's not home grown, came to us after being released by Brighton, and I'd be more disappointed at losing "one of our own". We have Phillips and Gard who are also young players who can play centre midfield, so if someone wants to buy Hutch then that's good news for the team and the club.

Needs must, so let's take the money and move on!

I think I said on another thread, plenty seem to forget just how young he is and how young he was when he broke though. He’s only a few months older than Richard Taylor and he has 40 games under his belt under 5 different managers in under 2 years during one the worst period we’ve had as a club.

Good luck to the lad. His type of player was always going to divide opinions. That “type” divide opinion at the very top level let alone league 2!

Has anyone got any stats too hand as I can't recall a goal or assist from Hutchinson. Seems like someone that contributes very little. great if we can get a fee and move onwards with someone better.

A really nice lad, a neat footballer who can see a pass, also exceptional at our level with a dead ball.
I will be sorry to see him go and wish him well.
He is a no 10 who has been asked to play a role of a Timlin or Deegan or Butler AND that isn't his game.
If he was 6 inches shorter like Jack Payne, people wouldn't rap away about his weaknesses in heading and tackling, which tbf, I believe he has and is working on.

Has anyone got any stats too hand as I can't recall a goal or assist from Hutchinson. Seems like someone that contributes very little. great if we can get a fee and move onwards with someone better.

Isaac Hutchinson has great technical ability and an eye for the goal. At present, he is something of a raw talent, but in a Championship set-up Hutchinson could develop rapidly and perhaps fulfil his potential.

Back