• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United midfielder Timothee Dieng handed two match ban for 'misleading referee'

I'm fairly certain that Freddys push was almost EXACTLY the same as what the Scunny bloke did.
Would love to see the clips and compare.
Both were appealed.
Freddy got an extra ban ( 4 matches?) , whilst the Scunny guy gets zero.
This proves beyond doubt the EFL hate us ( or maybe just anything to do with Ron Martin ) & how ridiculously inconsistent these idiots in charge are.
It was thoughtful until you said the EFL 'hate' us.
I doubt very much the ELF could give a rat's arse. You need spite and venom to hate; not disinterest.

Suspension upheld. So we are now in a situation where our player has a harsher penalty than the player who committed the foul in the 1st place. Utterly incredible.

Fully deserved punishment for a discreditable act of cheating. Shame on the player and on Molesley for trying to defend it. By doing so, he has besmirched the club's good name just as badly as the chairman's actions in the past. If we are going out of the EFL as seems likely, at least let's leave with some shred of dignity.

Serves him right. The game is full of cheats and is a disgraceful insult to something that is supposed to be 'sporting'. I hope the powers that be clamp down on those that bring the game into disrepute.
If you can't beat them by being honest then you have to match them with their cheating. Seen more cheats beat us at RH than honest teams.

Fully deserved punishment for a discreditable act of cheating. Shame on the player and on Molesley for trying to defend it. By doing so, he has besmirched the club's good name just as badly as the chairman's actions in the past. If we are going out of the EFL as seems likely, at least let's leave with some shred of dignity.

In that case there should be a suspension every single week in the premier league. No consistency to this at all.

If you can't beat them by being honest then you have to match them with their cheating. Seen more cheats beat us at RH than honest teams.
Hmm...
we can't beat many whether honest or cheating. But cheating is cheating, and if we're referring to sides this season, which teams have beaten us cheating?
I think we tend to hand it to them on a plate. Might suggest the ref was over lenient at Grimsby, but we got a point there.

In that case there should be a suspension every single week in the premier league. No consistency to this at all.
You have to remember the crucial point: a deception leading to a goal or a penalty.
Name me anyone in the PL who got away with it under this condition, please.

You have to remember the crucial point: a deception leading to a goal or a penalty.
Name me anyone in the PL who got away with it under this condition, please.

No deception led to the award of the penalty. He got pushed with 2 hands off the ball. That’s a penalty all day along. Many players dive or make the most of contact every week. You just have to watch the pundits for all their discussions on it.

What I don't understand is surely the ref saw exactly what happened, in order to award the penalty, so he must of known where the contract on Dieng happened!

What I don't understand is surely the ref saw exactly what happened, in order to award the penalty, so he must of known where the contract on Dieng happened!
Not sure how you figure that.
He didn't see what happened exactly, or Dieng wouldn't be banned.

Unbelievable -
Lets hope that they remain consistent with other teams and apply the same approach with others although, i highly suspect not.
Talk about kicking ya when ya down.

I disagree. Tim Dieng did not throw himself to the floor in the penalty, but he admittedly made a meal out of the action that deposited him there. The FA punishment of Dieng confuses cause and effect.

I disagree. Tim Dieng did not throw himself to the floor in the penalty, but he admittedly made a meal out of the action that deposited him there. The FA punishment of Dieng confuses cause and effect.

Exactly this. He made the most of it but it was still a foul. It still would have been a penalty if he didn’t hold his face.

The trouble with this decision, is the EFA didnt have a video of the sound of thousands of Southend home fans screaming for a red card and penalty, which imo wouldve swayed the outcome here.
Even sitting at home, we are punished in our hour of despair...

Not sure how you figure that.
He didn't see what happened exactly, or Dieng wouldn't be banned.

Refs aren't supposed to give what they cant see. But they have been rewarding cheating for years now. Banning Dieng is there collective guilt over incompetence.

Refs aren't supposed to give what they cant see. But they have been rewarding cheating for years now. Banning Dieng is there collective guilt over incompetence.

That's the point I was trying to make earlier. If the ref didn't see the push (which based on the retrospective ban suggests to me he didn't, otherwise he would have known where the contract was) then how the hell did he give the penalty

By rewarding, you're suggesting intent.
We both know that's not true. Refs make mistakes, but when they're deliberately misled, there are consequences.
As for Dieng to be the target of every official's incompetence, you may wish to revisit that.
I think they have bigger fish to fry.

Back