• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United most obscure XI

Amadou Ba

remember that French (?) midfielder we had on trial for AGES, came off the bench, was pants and was later seen at Sutton.

Danny Mayor.
Terry Alderton.

Ah yes, Terry Alderton, the fraud who continually claims he played against Swansea on Freddy's debut. Hello Ryan Clarke.

All of the following players featured just once in the first team.
Norman Liggitt(1).
Alec Hutton(1).
Roy Walsh(1 league cup).
Paul Vickery(1sub).
Mick Harmston(1).
John Piekalnietis(1).
Brian Myton(1sub).
Graham Norris(1).
Paul Matthews(1).
Myton and Matthews were only on loan , whos the other one from Spurs played one game down at Bournmouth

How quickly some forget his moment of Senior Cup glory!

I was at that game. I don't think I have seen anyone less happy scoring a goal.

Personally, I think we missed a trick with Zoltan, who looked like a more than half decent defender who was comfortable on the ball.

I seem to remember he kept Rooney very quiet in a international for Hungary.

Michael Ricketts and that CD that signed for us this season who we yet to see lol sorry i think he played for 10 minutes or so .

Lockdown Insomnia is kicking in. A few blasts from the past who went on to rock the footballing world:
Lars Unger
Miguel de Souza
Garry Cross
Dave McSweeney
Matt Jones
Neville Roach
David Matthews
Chris Coyne
James Lawson
Leke Odunsi

Liam Ridgwell was on the pitch for 60 minutes if that.

Reactions: fbm
I think both these two featured far too often to be obscure.

Wasn't the original premise of this post to identify players who may have indeed played a number (or a lot) of games for the club but yet few of us remember? The older I get the more of these there seem to be.

Although, as I have already said, I do still remember some odd ones like Mike Angus and, indeed, Glen Skivington, but why, I don't know.

Back