• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United pay off HMRC debt in full

Surely Ralph being out for the rest of the season can open up 1 space.

Well, since march, the clubs income isn't going to attract too much tax debt surely?

Ron must be aware this current squad will probably be relegated, not good for finance being in the National League he must see that a couple of new faces are needed.

Some good news today, maybe we can get behind MM as he is the right man for the job, takes time to get things right and from where im looking its improving, even if we go down hes the man to get us back up but i still think we will survive.
On the money side how long till we go through all this again ?
Southend live to fight another day.

Surely Ralph being out for the rest of the season can open up 1 space.
You can't deregister players willy-nilly, i.e. why we haven't done it already with Gard. More pertinently, the club won't start mutual termination negotiations until the they've got a target lined up and ready to sign (and that's if they have the money to do both!)

You can't deregister players willy-nilly, i.e. why we haven't done it already with Gard. More pertinently, the club won't start mutual termination negotiations until the they've got a target lined up and ready to sign (and that's if they have the money to do both!)
Don’t think we can deregister anybody now until the January window unfortunately so would be surprised if we bring anybody in until then.

Well, since march, the clubs income isn't going to attract too much tax debt surely?
Don’t forget that transfer fees are liable to VAT. So there’s tax due on the Huchinson and Kelman fees as well as the PAYE and NICs on salaries,

Last edited:
I reckon we might see some players come in on contracts until Jan and review it there, I wouldn't be surprised if both Macca and White leave in Jan so that may free up some wages under the cap.
Why on earth john white was retained is beyond me? Although a good player at this level he is seriously injury prone and was injured when we gave him a new deal! We need someone running recruitment asap.

Ron must be aware this current squad will probably be relegated, not good for finance being in the National League he must see that a couple of new faces are needed.

Rons now determined quite rightly to get tha finances of the club in the black, so as we head for the National League, the new business plan is to knock another million off the pay bill, and see if we can employ some players on zero hours contracts at around £8.50p an hour?:Winking:

Don’t forget that transfer fees are liable to VAT. So there’s tax due on the Huchinson and Kelman fees as well as the PAYE and NICs on salaries,

Blimey i didn't know that, so does that mean when a prem club pays £50m for a player there's 20% VAT on top of that, i.e. another £10m?

I would be very surprised if the club is in a net vat payable position given the absence of almost all income, even with those transfer fees.

Fair point re employment taxes, though.

If we aren't in the bottom three for salaries in this division now I'd be very surprised. Look how we are performing!? Other than Ox and Demi I doubt if any of these left are on North of 2k a week and a vast majority, Hobson, aqua, Ralph, Clifford, badship, Taylor, elvis etc will be on 1k or less

This thread illustrates a club owners problems perfectly. Being lambasted for running the club in an unsustainable way and urged to make new signings (at additional cost) at the same time. What a relief the club was worth an additional very sizeable investment, The chairman under promised and over delivered today with the majority expecting part payment and an adjournment.

Back