• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United pay off HMRC debt in full

hallelujah, our season is saved and the last few weeks of absolute awful times both on and off are now a long distant memory..........or are they?

Some good news today, maybe we can get behind MM as he is the right man for the job, takes time to get things right and from where im looking its improving, even if we go down hes the man to get us back up but i still think we will survive.
On the money side how long till we go through all this again ?
Southend live to fight another day.
Why do the call you nutter ?

Obviously I am delighted that the money has been paid, I am very surprised that RM has been able to fund the running of the club and pay the owed money. I doubt the recieved transfer money, any ticket sales or club shop would have brought in the necessary money.
What does this mean?
Is there another behind the scenes backer?
Has there been an advance on FF?

Obviously I am delighted that the money has been paid, I am very surprised that RM has been able to fund the running of the club and pay the owed money. I doubt the recieved transfer money, any ticket sales or club shop would have brought in the necessary money.
What does this mean?
Is there another behind the scenes backer?
Has there been an advance on FF?

NEXT have brought one of the retail outlets on the corner of the north and west stand and it’s the money from that apparently

Would you wear an arm cast if your arm ain’t broken?

I wouldn't, but my understanding is that JW did because he was protecting a twice broken arm. Moreover, Gary Lineker played at the World Cup with his arm in a special lightweight cast. He even scored a hattrick with it. It's not the worst injury for a footballer...

Gary Linker

You’re suggesting that you know John whites been on strike then

Nope, I’m on a wind up. I have no knowledge of such information and personally think it’s a load of bollocks. I’m not the biggest fan of John White as a player but as a person I doubt he would do something like that.

So, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but do we actually know yet if what happened today means we are or will shortly be out of the embargo? Regardless of whether we do sign anyone, it would be nice to know if we could..

Well, since march, the clubs income isn't going to attract too much tax debt surely?
The tax Ron owes is usually the withheld PAYE and VAT, we don't make a profit so no tax on profit.
Effectively the tax we always end up owing was never our money in the first place it was just cash we either withhold from employees or VAT. Ron just uses the tax money as a line of credit, it was never the clubs or his money in the first place

NEXT have brought one of the retail outlets on the corner of the north and west stand and it’s the money from that apparently
Bollox, no retailers buy retail outlets, they lease them from property investment companies. No capital investment here.

On another note Ron is as devout as us most loyal and devoted Southend fans, he is investing significant sums of money in this club. Yes he has a long term plan, which I am sure will realise financial opportunities for both our club and his property companies, but he has been invested in this for 20 years now. Yes I find his comments from time to time bizarre, contradictory and inconsistent, but nobody can deny his commitment to the cause. I still believe we should be careful what we wish for. If it takes us getting relegated to the National League to rebuild and go again, I don’t care as long as we still have our club.

His biggest downfall over the last few years is bad managerial appointments and too much faith in those appointments in poor backroom staff and recruitment. Plus nobody can deny a real run of bad luck, especially on the injury front.

Back