• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Football Club

Official Club Account
Southend United supporters can now cast their vote for the 2011/12 Player of the Year.

Fans can text in their votes for their chosen player this season in our SMS vote.

To vote simply text the word Southend followed by a space and then the squad number of the player you wish to vote for to 88442.

For example, if you wanted to vote for Sean Clohessy, you would simple type into your mobile phone Southend 2 and then text it to 88442 to cast your nomination.

Texts cost just £1 per message and fans should seek the permission of the bill payer before voting.

Voting closes at midnight on May 4th with the winner receiving his award prior to the final home game of the season against Macclesfield Town on May 5th.

Full list:

1. Glenn Morris (Text Southend 1 to 88442)
2. Sean Clohessy (Text Southend 2 to 88442)
3. Peter Gilbert (Text Southend 3 to 88442)
4. Ryan Hall (Text Southend 4 to 88442)
5. Graham Coughlan (Text Southend 5 to 88442)
6. Bilel Mohsni (Text Southend 6 to 88442)
7. Anthony Grant (Text Southend 7 to 88442)
8. Michael Timlin (Text Southend 8 to 88442)
9. Neil Harris (Text Southend 9 to 88442)
11. Lee Sawyer (Text Southend 11 to 88442)
12. Kane Ferdinand (Text Southend 12 to 88442)
14. David Martin (Text Southend 14 to 88442)
15. Mark Phillips (Text Southend 15 to 88442)
16. Luke Prosser (Text Southend 16 to 88442)
17. Daniel Bentley (Text Southend 17 to 88442)
18. Ryan Leonard (Text Southend 18 to 88442)
19. Jean-Paul Kalala (Text Southend 19 to 88442)
20. Harry Crawford (Text Southend 20 to 88442)
21. Blair Sturrock (Text Southend 21 to 88442)
22. Liam Dickinson (Text Southend 22 to 88442)
23. Chris Barker (Text Southend 23 to 88442)
24. Elliot Benyon (Text Southend 24 to 88442)
26. Jack Sampson (Text Southend 26 to 88442)
31. Anto Flood (Text Southend 31 to 88442)
34. Lee Hills (Text Southend 34 to 88442)
35. Cameron Belford (Text Southend 35 to 88442)
36. Christian Dailly (Text Southend 36 to 88442)
37. Freddy Eastwood (Text Southend 37 to 88442)

Personally I reckon it will be

1) Phillips
2) Clohessey
3) Hall.

Phillips shades it for me over Sean as he has been a bit unexpectedly good and has scored a number of vital goals.

Personally I reckon it will be

1) Phillips
2) Clohessey
3) Hall.

Phillips shades it for me over Sean as he has been a bit unexpectedly good and has scored a number of vital goals.

Other way around for me:

1) Clohessy
2) Phillips
3) Hall

What is wrong with you all, it is obviously in this order.

Gilbert.
Patterson.
N'Diaye.

Why every year do we bother putting the likes of Daily, Crawford, Flood etc......

Surely you should have to have played a minimum number of games etc.

1. Flood
2.Coughlan
3.Bentley

4. Baldwin who doesnt even get a phone number. :hilarious:

Sean Clohessy, without a shadow of a doubt. Been our Mr Consistent all year, Mark Phillips has been good too but he's missed several games through injury. That's 1st and 2nd......picking 3rd becomes a bit more tricky! Probably Hall, although my own preference would be for Timlin.

Pre Christmas Hall without a doubt.

Phillips really shown quality, but Clohessy is ever present and gets my vote.

I can see it now... Freddy embarrassingly having to accept the award on the pitch, pre-Macclesfield game.

They're doing this quite early. I notice that the club have put "If you wanted to vote Sean Clohessy, for example....". I'm sure last year they put "If you wanted to vote Chris Barker, for example..." and he won it. Bias? Anyway, my top 3, based on the 12 matches I've been to and what people say on here, highlights on TV etc. would be:

1. Clohessy - Been an ever-present again, perfect professional, solid and reliable at the back and very handy going forward too. I imagine he's got a few assists this season? Links up well with Hall and has won the Trust Player of the Month for the last 3 months. Hopefully no bigger clubs have noticed him because he's the kind of player you might not notice. Does his contract expire in the summer? Get him tied down!

2. Phillips - Like Sean, been solid and consistent when he's been in the team but has missed a few games. Like the team, was better in the first half of the season. Also chipped in with 8 goals which is very impressive for a defender.

3. Hall - Our best attacking player by far and again I believe he's top in the division for assists? (I may be wrong) Was excellent in the first half of the season, gone off the boil a bit in the last few months and isn't as consistent as the other two.

Don't think there are really any other contenders other than those 3.

Depends how many Freddy scores between now and the end of the season.

In all seriousness my top 3 would be,

1. Clohessy
2. Hall
3. Phillips

They're doing this quite early. I notice that the club have put "If you wanted to vote Sean Clohessy, for example....". I'm sure last year they put "If you wanted to vote Chris Barker, for example..." and he won it. Bias?
I thought they usually put someone who was unlikely ​to win....I thought it was Harry Crawford last year!

Back