• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United Reserves v Col Ewe From The East Greens

Thorpe Groyney

Open your mind
Currently 2-1 to Southend. Laurent opened the scoring on 18 after a break on the left had him unmarked and he slotted home from 10 yards.

Col Ewe equalised 10 minutes later after a break down the right resulted in a 2-on-1 with the keeper, it was a case of a simple pass and tap-in.

Southend re-took the lead in style after a defence splitting pass had Medi Adalimba in acres of space. He stroked it into the North Bank goal from 15 yards.

Competitive and entertaining, Col Ewe probably a shade unfortunate to be trailing.

Between 80-90 here.

Line-up: -

McDonald
Owinja
Osifuwa
Abbey
Whittaker
Reynolds
Abalimba
O'Keefe
Freedman
Laurent
Forshaw

Milner
Calver
Crawford
James-Lewis
Dennis

Harry Crawford is on for Dougie Freedman in the second half. In the ascendancy at the moment, Forshaw and Crawford combining to almost make it 3-1 a couple of minutes ago.

Yes. The fourth official. I'm not sure if it's male or female as it has one of those horrible grey perms. It looks like Kevin Keegan after a mild stroke. Definitely wearing black Adidas trackie bottoms though.

Very much end-to-end now. O'Keefe had a curling shot palmed just past the far post after a through ball from Forshaw on the left. Col Ewe looked dangerous from a corner a couple of seconds ago but I put that down to excessive sheep dip.

And it's Southend United 3-1 Col Ewe.

Free kick on the left after a foul on Marcus Milner. Inswinger, Duran Reynolds at the far past, heads it home.

Then as I write this Col Ewe pull a goal back, low shot across the goal from 15 yards.

Southend United 3-2 Col Ewe

McDonald
Owinja
Osifuwa
Abbey
Whittaker
Reynolds
Abalimba
O'Keefe
Freedman
Laurent
Forshaw

Milner
Calver
Crawford
James-Lewis
Dennis

With the exception of Freedman and Laurent who are established first team players and O'Keefe who signed a pro deal, are they all 1st year YTS because I thought we'd released everyone except Calver?

Now end-to-end into injury time (3 minutes). Medi goes on the break, chopped down, free kick from O'Keefe easily saved and then the whistle goes.

FULL TIME: SOUTHEND UNITED 3, COL EWE 2.

Haha, so Laurent and Freedman are useless? Or do you mean out of the rest?

I still have high hopes for Medi, as many others do I assume. Has he progressed as hoped, did he look like he could reach what Moussa has so far done?

Medi, only bloke with any ability out of the lot of em', as for the bloke that they have kept on, what the hell were the rest like?

World beaters according to you, I thought.

wiggy said:
Ron Martin puppet imo. Yoofs done extremely well this season, what do we keep? next to nothing, wages Rob Craven, anyone?

Haha, so Laurent and Freedman are useless? Or do you mean out of the rest?

I still have high hopes for Medi, as many others do I assume. Has he progressed as hoped, did he look like he could reach what Moussa has so far done?

To be honest Laurent gets worse and Dougie never got a sniff but Medi's touch, movement was far better than anything else on display!

McDonald
Owinja
Osifuwa
Abbey
Whittaker
Reynolds
Abalimba
O'Keefe
Freedman
Laurent
Forshaw

Milner
Calver
Crawford
James-Lewis
Dennis

With the exception of Freedman and Laurent who are established first team players and O'Keefe who signed a pro deal, are they all 1st year YTS because I thought we'd released everyone except Calver?

From that 16, only McDonald has been released. Decisions are pending on Abbey and Forshaw.

Forshaw really impressed me today, before being taken off with cramp, as did Medi.

Dougie had a really quite 45 minutes, didn't really look up to match fitness if I'm honest. Laurent caused a few problems, but didn't really have much involvement. Took his goal well.

Got to say, from what I've seen of Callum Whittaker previously he has normally looked like a tidy, no-nonsense CB, but today he was woeful.

Agree with Wiggy, Medi was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch today. Forshaw and O'Keefe had their moments too.

Freedman clearly isn't fit. He was puffing and blowing in the pre-match warm-up, but enough of his private habits. I really do suspect that Ron Martin is putting pressure on Tilly and Brush to play Freedman to justify his signing, as ordinarily they wouldn't even consider playing someone that unfit after the Michael Ricketts episode.

Back