• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd far rather go for younger players , any day. Not player who have been poor for many, many years.... I'm just being honest. Like I was right about hunt, Eastwood second time, freedman, Harris..... This rekindle does not work.. Fresh is what we need.... Plus this guy will cost us $

If it turns out to be true, I think it's a pretty decent signing as we need competition for Barrett as I've (and many other have) said if we have to rely on him most of the season we'll be in trouble.

That's nothing against Barrett as I love the guy, but he struggled big time after January last season and isn't any younger.

At this level that's a good signing. I just hope the fans give him a little time because I'm sure he will need it considering he has been without a club for a short while. Let's give him a good welcome!

Not that long, his last game for Reading was end of April, played regularly from December.

I'd far rather go for younger players , any day. Not player who have been poor for many, many years.... I'm just being honest. Like I was right about hunt, Eastwood second time, freedman, Harris..... This rekindle does not work.. Fresh is what we need.... Plus this guy will cost us $

Assume Prior/Edwards/Goater all didnt work then. Barrett came back older than Ferdinand and has done well.

Its a gamble for sure, but any player is a gamble including young players, we have signed plenty of them who have been unsuccessful too.

If it turns out to be true, I think it's a pretty decent signing as we need competition for Barrett as I've (and many other have) said if we have to rely on him most of the season we'll be in trouble.

That's nothing against Barrett as I love the guy, but he struggled big time after January last season and isn't any younger.

Adam would tell you himself that he wasn't expecting to be playing every game. He'll give 100% but 2 or 3 games in a week for him is too many.

Form for last 10 years? From what I have seen it's terrible . Sorry, I'm a season ticket holder and it's how I feel.

Why would we pay him in dollars?

Not that long, his last game for Reading was end of April, played regularly from December.

Assume Prior/Edwards/Goater all didnt work then. Barrett came back older than Ferdinand and has done well.

Its a gamble for sure, but any player is a gamble including young players, we have signed plenty of them who have been unsuccessful too.

Indeed Prior, Edwards, and Barrett have (or still are) done well for us at the end of the career. Chris Barker was also excellent for us in his first season before age caught up with.

What do these players and Anton Ferdinand all have in common? They are all defenders

The older signings that have generally not worked are strikers where that slight loss of pace is crucial. Defenders (and centre backs in particular) can generally compensate for that in their reading of the game and positioning in a way that strikers cannot.

They take anything in the Ros.... Ok fair enough my last comment on the thread, not good form for years and years, but he is a biggish name for us, if he sells a few more shirts, and more importantly... Attracts decent names to our club, I will be happy.

Oh Gaawaawwwd, just hope hubby doesn't lamp him one in the tunnel, he hates him with a passion!
AA%20facepalm.gif

Sounds like the lyrics from Start! by The Jam ...............

It doesn't matter if we never meet again,
What we have said will always remain.
If we get through for two minutes only,
It will be a start!
For knowing that someone in this life,
Loves with a passion called hate
And what you give is what you get.

And not that I advocate violence in any form but it might be mildly amusing to see Anton on the pitch with a bag of ice over one bruised eye and the Blue Belles behind him................ :'(

Sodje was carbon dated at 102 years old when he came to us and was a success so Ferdy is a mere youngster

Not worried about any 'pay day' thing - Ron sorts that by moving debt around

Lets give our new signing a cheer

Sodje was carbon dated at 102 years old when he came to us and was a success so Ferdy is a mere youngster

Not worried about any 'pay day' thing - Ron sorts that by moving debt around

Lets give our new signing no cheer.

Edited to reflect the response that Anton will get from some of the East Stand ................:sad:

Back