• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United smaller Fossetts Farm stadium plans held up (Feb 23)

The council/planning dept have twice passed two all singing and dancing 20,000+ seater stadium. In 2007 the stadium was accompanied by significant retail planning at FF and RH and likewise in 2022 accompanied by massive residential housing developments at FF and RH. Both planning permissions were generous and were intended to support the long term future of the club. It is not their fault that Ron has very limited funds and keeps on moving the goalposts to make even more money eventually. I just hope Ron just gets on and builds the stadium and takes in more investment from outside in return for a slice of the pie.

What an absolute joke that we now find ourselves in this position at the 11th hour. Unbelievable miss management by our owner and we never get to hear the real truth, we are just drip fed again and again.
Well the clock is ticking Mr Chairman........

If there isn't such a thing as Nero Syndrome already, perhaps there should be, with RM as the first to be officially diagnosed.

Taken 20 years to virtually wipe us out , drop 2 Leagues and all we’ll end up with is a Col U type Lego build embarrassment, if at all?
It will be worse than col u type stadium. Funding for new stadium is for 3 sides...... im not sure 20 million will be enough to build 3 sides. He has well truly ****ed this club.

I'm sure will be in exactly the same position next year with HMRC issues with new stadium not started construction. We as fans don't deserve this crap anymore.

What an absolute shower of ****.e. a total amateur running the place.. eventually getting lost down his own rabbit holes... now kindly, leave us alone

Gone from a small Wembley to Priory Park….what a legacy the second hand car dealer is leaving, he must be so proud. Once a bull shi tter always a ……..

Taken 20 years to virtually wipe us out , drop 2 Leagues and all we’ll end up with is a Col U type Lego build embarrassment, if at all?
It’s looking that way. Except our Lego build will have a sink-estate built into it.

I thought I had read somewhere that either Ron or Tom had said that the tenders for the Stadium were due due on 28th January or had I just dreamed this up?
Any one heard anything?

It will be worse than col u type stadium. Funding for new stadium is for 3 sides...... im not sure 20 million will be enough to build 3 sides. He has well truly ****ed this club.

I'm sure will be in exactly the same position next year with HMRC issues with new stadium not started construction. We as fans don't deserve this crap anymore.
I doubt 20 million will buy you much these days, our stadium was opened in 2008, the total construction cost according to Colchester council was 15.4 million, it would be a hell of a lot more than that now. Of course then you have to fit everything out, hospitality areas don't come cheap, when you think of furniture, kitchen equipment stocking bars etc, club shop, offices it never ends!

Thought that TL was running the club day to day so that Ron could get in with this side of business
TC is running the club albeit on a shoestring, its RM who is fking us over with his deliberate mis management of the plans for FF and not paying HMRC , the staff and players, not having a pot to **** in andnot willing to bring in partners when he knows darn well he cannot afford a gobstopper let alone build a new stadium

The council/planning dept have twice passed two all singing and dancing 20,000+ seater stadium. In 2007 the stadium was accompanied by significant retail planning at FF and RH and likewise in 2022 accompanied by massive residential housing developments at FF and RH. Both planning permissions were generous and were intended to support the long term future of the club. It is not their fault that Ron has very limited funds and keeps on moving the goalposts to make even more money eventually. I just hope Ron just gets on and builds the stadium and takes in more investment from outside in return for a slice of the pie.
In fairness to Ron, this time I think it's because the hotel chain pulled out. Without them there was no funding for the main stand. He hasn't got the money to fund it himself so instead he's added residential units that will pay for the stand. That, unfortunately, has led to a reduction in capacity.

If only we had a chairman that could actually afford to build the stadium.

Dont want to sound dramatic, but I cant go on with this saga for much longer. I'm just mentally done with the club (on the stadium side). Its absolutely draining and now feels like back to square one and no money to build anything.

How on earth is he going to get us out of this hole? Only hope is one day he does relent and take on some investment, but who in their right mind would get into bed with this snake?

The Lego stadium jokes are really very unfunny. Anyway without knowing what information the council are wanting and why they do not seem to want to put this in the public domain (open government huh) it is hard to comment. The application does include a barrister's opinion that the application should be dealt with as a "drop in" ie has very little difference to what was already agreed so the matter does not need to go through the whole process again.
As I've said I have very little faith in Southend council full stop but even less than that in planning matters. Both sides need to stop posturing and get this on the road

Back