• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United smaller Fossetts Farm stadium plans held up (Feb 23)

Never quite sure where to post on progress or otherwise on the FF site so I'll do it here. Went to B&Q for some potting compost (yes it's that time of year). Drove down to Fossets Way. The pre packed homes are coming on (nothing to do with us but I like the idea of the development). The training ground seemed OK through the hording but what's this on the housing/stadium site. 3 guys in hi vis and a digger. I parked up in the Jones's Memorial Park car park. I could not see if the digger had PG Site Services on it as it was too far away. From the car park you get some scale of the site which is enormous. The Cecil Jones pitch or should I say scrubland is equally vast. Now don't misinterpret this but the vision of the development, houses, stadium and community dome on the Cecil Jones site with first dibs to them is actually pretty good. I could not see if any of the high vis workers was a tall Canadian but it's possible. So things are happening, just what is a bit of a mystery. No date yet for Rochford council to consider the application for the temporary changing rooms at the training ground as far as I can see.

Officers report now published for the June committee meeting on the temporary buildings at the training ground. The recommendation is yes with conditions, mainly 3 years. It all seems to be coming together.
The temporary buildings will be sited where the permanent buildings will be, right? How does that work then? Presumably the build will be a fair bit longer than the break between seasons. How will the transition work? I hope temporary doesn't turn into permanent

The temporary buildings will be sited where the permanent buildings will be, right? How does that work then? Presumably the build will be a fair bit longer than the break between seasons. How will the transition work? I hope temporary doesn't turn into permanent
If they are - then once the stadium is built they'll have facilities there that could be used whilst temporary facilities are replaced with permanent.

I’ve just skim read the (43 page) report. There are a lot of conditions recommended, some of which are going to take time to discharge. Therefore, if approved on 22nd June, don’t expect the temporary buildings to be turning up the next day - indeed I’d be surprised if they’re ready for the start of pre-season training.

I hope Rochford Council hold the club to this as well and don't simply cave in and grant an extension in 3 years time. Temporary should be temporary.

This permission shall be limited to a period expiring three years from the date of this permission; at which time, the twelve buildings, car park, access road, earth bund and boundary treatment hereby approved shall be removed from the site and the land restored to its former condition on or before the expiry date, unless a 'renewal' of this permission has been sought and obtained.

I must admit I wondered that. Putting my faith in modern building techniques.
I'm just hoping I'll still be alive when the whole things done. None of us are getting any younger.

I hope Rochford Council hold the club to this as well and don't simply cave in and grant an extension in 3 years time. Temporary should be temporary.

This permission shall be limited to a period expiring three years from the date of this permission; at which time, the twelve buildings, car park, access road, earth bund and boundary treatment hereby approved shall be removed from the site and the land restored to its former condition on or before the expiry date, unless a 'renewal' of this permission has been sought and obtained.
Hopefully with Ron out of the picture by then it shouldn't be an issue.

Some of the conditions are standard i.e the archaeological one. The dust mitigation plan sounds simple enough. Jamie the foreman at Whitehorse told me he was in regular contact with the farm about any problems and inconvenience with their build which caused a lot of dust and noise. Jamie was a cracking lad and I'm sure had them on side. Everything is doable if there's the will

Back