• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Although it is early days there are the glimmerings of consistency and a belief from the players that they are in FL1 because they deserve to be. The football so far has reflected last season's 'hard to beat' attitude together with a bit more quality added when all of our newbies are fit and firing on all cylinders.

We are 9 games in, won 3, drawn 3 and lost three. That's not to shabby considering we have just been promoted from the primeval slime which is FL2.

So here come the causes of my confusion. So far this season on SZ there has been an undercurrent of posters sniping at each other, at specific players, at the manager and even at opposition managers that used to play for us. I know that it is traditional for this board to get a bit sparky regardless, but when we are only 9 games into a season in a new division and getting better as games go on, then why have so many people got the arse with it all so far?

Confused of Westcliff

I think part of it is that it's been 3 years since we were being convincingly beaten (eg Walsall, Shrewsbury, etc) and probably haven't suffered defeats as regularly since Sturrock's reign, when it was almost expected given the circumstances. Some people have forgotten that it's normal to lose every now and again.

Although it is early days there are the glimmerings of consistency and a belief from the players that they are in FL1 because they deserve to be. The football so far has reflected last season's 'hard to beat' attitude together with a bit more quality added when all of our newbies are fit and firing on all cylinders.

We are 9 games in, won 3, drawn 3 and lost three. That's not to shabby considering we have just been promoted from the primeval slime which is FL2.

So here come the causes of my confusion. So far this season on SZ there has been an undercurrent of posters sniping at each other, at specific players, at the manager and even at opposition managers that used to play for us. I know that it is traditional for this board to get a bit sparky regardless, but when we are only 9 games into a season in a new division and getting better as games go on, then why have so many people got the arse with it all so far?

Confused of Westcliff
the answer is that this is shrimper zone and that's what we do, most on here are very much in the glass is half empty camp, and not see the best in things , as you state , last year we were in the slime , this year we have the chance to meet many new teams and most of all the win of the proper Derby is very much on my Christmas list.....

They're aided and abetted by the fact that last time we came up to League 1 we won the thing. It's OK to get frustrated when things go wrong but to automatically lampoon folks for silly things (like Piggot yesterday with the cross) is stupid.

I'm very confident we'll stay up and that will be success for me this first season back up. Wish for more, want more, but want us to stabilize and grow after what's gone on the last 6 years or so.

Confused of Westcliff

Unfortunately a number of people on here, who try to communicate, have sloping foreheads, grazed knuckles and in the real world can only utter the sound "ugh".

They're aided and abetted by the fact that last time we came up to League 1 we won the thing. It's OK to get frustrated when things go wrong but to automatically lampoon folks for silly things (like Piggot yesterday with the cross) is stupid.

Actually, the last two times we've been promoted to League 1 or its equivalent we've been promoted again.

I think we have to accept that everyone sees things differently. Old gits like me who have been supporting our beloved team since the 50s are philosophical about everything, having got the T shirt. Some Newbies expect us to be Barcelona which we ain't. Just take the good with the bad and move on each time. Sniping only harms spirit. COYBB

the answer is that this is shrimper zone and that's what we do, most on here are very much in the glass is half empty camp, and not see the best in things , as you state , last year we were in the slime , this year we have the chance to meet many new teams and most of all the win of the proper Derby is very much on my Christmas list.....

Col U fans obviously feel the same about the derby, online sales are pretty good already considering the game is still so far away at present.

Col U fans obviously feel the same about the derby, online sales are pretty good already considering the game is still so far away at present.

How many tickets do you think we will get for Boxing Day 2,000 or 3,000?
We will sell 2,000 but I'm not sure we would sell 3,000 anyway.

We had outrage last season when we were "only" in the play offs, there was never going to be harmony when we were in the bottom 3rd.

That said I dont think the forum has been that bad considering to be honest.

However the back page of the Echo has a story about Coker and supporters getting on their backs...

Regrettably as with games it the vocal few you sometimes get heard - it might be only 20 people groaning and moaning out of 6000 but when they are doing it there is nothing to drown them out- the acoustics are pretty good at RH so worse still it gets to the player (our players). Not good.

Same probably on here- the silent majority are not miserable Victors and Victorias but half of the active posters are. On the plus side such 'challenging' views inspire debate.

Its just I wish when we get to the game everyone gets behind the players to encourage irrespective of how we are playing.

Dear confused of Westcliff,

I note that you have been on the zone since 2009, I would have thought that by now you would have realised the fickle nature of some of your fellow posters, if not let's hope this acts as a wake up call to some of them, who through good and bad times, only ever want to acknowledge the negative things they perceive they see.
My advice is to take most things you read with a huge pinch of salt, and drink more heavily thus blurring out the words of fools.

We had outrage last season when we were "only" in the play offs, there was never going to be harmony when we were in the bottom 3rd.

That said I dont think the forum has been that bad considering to be honest.

However the back page of the Echo has a story about Coker and supporters getting on their backs...

Fair play to Coker for this, saw it on the after match interview on bluesplayer. He obviously isn't getting much stick himself but he obviously see's how it affects some other palyers and he's decided to speak out, he's could easily be criticised by the fans for his words and has put himself on the line for the good of the team. Top player and top professional. You just have to look at the stick Piggott is getting at the moment, a kid who is out of form is being painted as someone who is arrogant and doesn't care.

How many tickets do you think we will get for Boxing Day 2,000 or 3,000?
We will sell 2,000 but I'm not sure we would sell 3,000 anyway.

I think you will get the 2000 behind the goal (North stand)and if they sell out you will get 1000 more tickets next to that end in the East stand but they will be more expensive.

Tickets are on sale already?

Yes you can buy tickets for all our home games online the whole season was available from August onwards.

I think you will get the 2000 behind the goal (North stand)and if they sell out you will get 1000 more tickets next to that end in the East stand but they will be more expensive.

There's me starting this post about posters getting the arse, and you pair use it to drum up support for ticket sales, FFS. (see, I'm getting the arse now, its endemic it seems)

Back