• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United squad still waiting to find out when they will be back in training

ADMISSION, I havn't read the article, but, are there no coaches, even youth coaches that can start fitness and basic skills training or is it down to furlough?

ADMISSION, I havn't read the article, but, are there no coaches, even youth coaches that can start fitness and basic skills training or is it down to furlough?
I would imagine it's down to furlough, and suspect many will be back from Monday as July passes.

Presumably the players will need notice to come off furlough? Two working days? So that rules out Monday and Tuesday at the earliest.

No coaches but a couple of old mini buses rotting away in B & L along with all the other steel from Uncle Rons mechano set:Hilarious:

Presumably the players will need notice to come off furlough? Two working days? So that rules out Monday and Tuesday at the earliest.

No. Furlough is for a minimum period of 3 weeks with an agreed return date.

This paragraph is taken directly from the players’ furlough contracts:

The Club reserves the right to end the Furlough Period and require you to return to work at any time on two days' notice.

??‍♂️

Even if that were correct they could have been told yesterday

I was assuming that with CP saying there was no news that that meant no one had been notified? If they’d been taken off furlough that would be a clear indication that a return to training was imminent?

If as GBJ says, they haven’t been notified about furlough yet then that does rule out a return Monday or Tuesday surely?

if the terms state two days notice not two working days then they can be told today to come back on monday.

It does raise the question over who is going to model the new kit though :Unsure::Unsure::Unsure::Unsure::Unsure:

Back