• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United - starting 11 - September 12th 2020

Oxley
Elvis White Lennon Clifford
Dieng
Demi Ralph
Hutchinson
Kelman Goodship

if Humphrys is still here I'd be tempted to swap him with Goodship.

actually seems like a decent side with some midfield experience and a bit of pace up top and Goodship as 6"3 so there's a bit of height there too.

Humphrys might still be our player but he won't be here. I wouldn't play him at all and I suspect in any event he will be "injured".

Humphrys might still be our player but he won't be here. I wouldn't play him at all and I suspect in any event he will be "injured".

in that case we need to get him out of the club as soon as we can, he obviously has the same attitude that caused us so many problems last season, it's a shame because everything I've seen on his twitter feed seems to suggest he's looking motivated and been hard at work.

he obviously has the same attitude that caused us so many problems last season

No.

He’s been dealt a pretty ****ty hand since joining us. He’s endured more than most people will ever have to deal with in their professional lives.

It’s testament to his professionalism that he’s carried on through what can only be described as grim situations.

No.

He’s been dealt a pretty ****ty hand since joining us. He’s endured more than most people will ever have to deal with in their professional lives.

It’s testament to his professionalism that he’s carried on through what can only be described as grim situations.
This. Considering what he’s been through - total fair play to the lad. If he does leave to go up North he’ll always be remembered by me for the Bradford and Sunderland games and if not for that injury, who knows what might’ve been. He’s got the potential to be a top league 1 striker so a fully fit, firing on all cylinders Hump would, in my opinion, tear league 2 a new one.

This. Considering what he’s been through - total fair play to the lad. If he does leave to go up North he’ll always be remembered by me for the Bradford and Sunderland games and if not for that injury, who knows what might’ve been. He’s got the potential to be a top league 1 striker so a fully fit, firing on all cylinders Hump would, in my opinion, tear league 2 a new one.

I think he’d do well in Lg2, and would probably shock a few people in Lg1 too.

I believe he had a goal ratio of 1 in 3, for a team that endured back-to-back relegation battles. Imagine what he’d do In a decent team.

For me, it's impossible to say. Firstly, I would hope there will be a few additions to the squad prior to the first game and as some have suggested we may no longer have the services of one, two, a few players? currently with us. Equally important, it will depend who we are playing first. I trust the new man in charge will do his research on our opponents and decide on his team and tactics accordingly.

It could be in his interest to stick around for a few months, get some goals in L2 with us and improve his stock so that he gets better offers elsewhere than he would now.

No.

And he started the bidding off for @Rylee Doe signed 2019-2020 shirt he is auctioning off for charity with a £200 bid. Genuinely nice guy!

in that case we need to get him out of the club as soon as we can, he obviously has the same attitude that caused us so many problems last season, it's a shame because everything I've seen on his twitter feed seems to suggest he's looking motivated and been hard at work.

Incredibly harsh.

The original facial injury was a tough one to overcome - imagine being afraid of challenging for a header not knowing if you were going to damage all the recent surgery, and then actually doing so....the issues that would cause mentally.

And that's without all the **** involving you know who.

If he stays then I'll be delighted, but if he chooses to go, then he does so with my very best wishes.

Absolutely he will, but I don't think he has any appetite whatsoever to do it for us. From what I've heard recently, there is barely a player that actually wants to be here at the moment.

Absolutely he will, but I don't think he has any appetite whatsoever to do it for us. From what I've heard recently, there is barely a player that actually wants to be here at the moment.

Yes. The **** that he’s dealt with here, has left a bad taste in his mouth. The lack of wages, the injury and all the other stuff in between (??) have taken their toll on what is still a very young man.

I’m still hopeful that the club can turn the situation around, but that might be a tad delusional at this point.

my point is that if a player doesn't want to be here there is no point keeping them as they will inevitibly be resentful and that spreads throughout the squad, it is nothing against Humphry's who I reckon will be a major asset for any side in L1&2.

It's similar to Cox last season, he wanted out during the summer and we saw how that turned out.

4-2-3-1 with Goodship operating as an inside forward/Hutchinson pushing up to support Kelman.

Oxley

White Dieng Lennon Clifford

Phillips Gard

Barratt Hutchinson Goodship

Kelman

Subs: Seaden, Kyprianou, Mitchell-Nelson, Kinali, Egbri, Rush, Acquah

Looks good on paper, I'd rather Kyp then Lennon and maybe see how good Seaden or Taylor are to compete with Oxley

my point is that if a player doesn't want to be here there is no point keeping them as they will inevitibly be resentful and that spreads throughout the squad, it is nothing against Humphry's who I reckon will be a major asset for any side in L1&2.

It's similar to Cox last season, he wanted out during the summer and we saw how that turned out.

To be fair to him, I didn't think he stinted on the pitch too much.

All this thread is proving is that whoever comes in has a massive job on their hands

Back