• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
Hi all,

I have come up with an idea of making a Southend United sticker book/card collection. I will be making the sticker book/card folder myself and the stickers/cards will be all of my own photos. I can then possibly sell it, after asking permission from the club of course, which i reckon i would need to do? Was wondering if anyone would be interested in this?

Many thanks for your opinions.

UTB

Hi have u got any more info on this please as I possibly could be

Er, think you'd find there'd be huge issues with image rights, copyright etc. A photo for your own consumption would be fine, but if you started selling it would be another matter. I'm sure one of the legal eagles on here can be more precise.

Basically, it will be a homemade sticker book/card folder. Photos of all the players, there will be about 8 stickers/cards for each player. Once i have asked permission from the club, if possible, i would sell the book for only £1 and each pack of cards/stickers for 50p each. I will possibly give a few leaflets advertising it out at the home game against Morecambe on 7th September.

Many thanks for your interest

I like the sound of this & I wish you all the best. I have no idea as to the legal side of it but I would expect the club will want a piece of this particularly if it takes off.

Good advice to run it past the club first.

Ohh, yeah, printing, paper and all that cobblers..that can be done at home, as long as my dads fine with me using all the ink and paper! And yeah, i will be running it past the club. if they aren't okay with it, fair enough!

If it's something you think can be done to a good enough standard, it's just possible that something can be worked out for something to be done for the Junior Blues.

If you'd like to pm me with your full suggestions, I'll speak to those involved with JBs and see if it's a feasible idea.

I would imagine that if they are your photographs, then the club will have no say in what you do with them; as far as I am aware, there is nothing on tickets etc to say photography is banned. However, you should look very carefully into costing this before going ahead and offering anything....imagine getting a couple of thousand people all wanting your product, your dad's printer will be running day and night to keep up with the demand and if the quality is not there, you may get a lot of people asking for their money back. A nice idea, but I fear too big a project to run on your own.

I would imagine that if they are your photographs, then the club will have no say in what you do with them; as far as I am aware, there is nothing on tickets etc to say photography is banned.

I'm pretty sure that you can't publish any pictures taken in a league ground or with the players in their offical kit without some sort of licence

Can we have the players doing some unusual poses?

Mark Phillips footing a ladder for Paul Smith? Barry Corr eating a Pepperoni Pizza? Don Cowan holding a stuffed badger whilst wearing a kilt.

I would imagine that if they are your photographs, then the club will have no say in what you do with them; as far as I am aware, there is nothing on tickets etc to say photography is banned. However, you should look very carefully into costing this before going ahead and offering anything....imagine getting a couple of thousand people all wanting your product, your dad's printer will be running day and night to keep up with the demand and if the quality is not there, you may get a lot of people asking for their money back. A nice idea, but I fear too big a project to run on your own.

That is very true, and could possibly be a barrier. In relation to the photography, i have taken photos at home matches plenty of times so that shouldn't be a problem. I just feel it would be a great idea, also, if anyone has any photos they would like to contribute to me for the sticker/card collection, please do not hesitate to email them to me at southend125@gmail.com

I would be grateful for any photo donations!

Wasn't there something a couple of years ago with the players on postcards, and it allowed the youngsters to get the autographs on the back?? I'm sure that was the case. They were available in the club shop, and it was a picture of the player in the full kit. pretty much like the profile shots for the website

I've always thought the club should do something like this - I would have loved it as a kid - and I would definitely get in touch with them or the Trust. The hardest part will be making kids aware of these and wanting to collect them, I would suggest giving away free cards/stickers with each programme or something along those lines, which would increase programme sales and benefit the club.

I've always thought the club should do something like this - I would have loved it as a kid - and I would definitely get in touch with them or the Trust. The hardest part will be making kids aware of these and wanting to collect them, I would suggest giving away free cards/stickers with each programme or something along those lines, which would increase programme sales and benefit the club.

I have already contacted the club about this. And yeah, getting the kids involved is definitely the hardest part. And yeah, thats what i had in mind, as long as its okay with the club. Waiting to hear back from them. As I type this, i am currently creating the contents page.

Southend United Sticker Book/Card Collection

Shrimper1995 here again!

You all may have seen the thread written by me asking about the idea of a Southend United 2013/14 sticker book or card collection. I have contacted the club about this and hope to hear back soon. The photos that will go on the cards/stickers will be my own photos.

If anyone has any photos of any Blues players from THIS SEASON they would like to contribute to me for the sticker/card collection, please do not hesitate to email them to me at southend125@googlemail.com.

Alternatively, if anyone would like to know more, i would be more than happy to discuss this with you in a PM or on this thread

Many thanks!

Yes, I've already mentioned I think it would be good for the Junior Blues. We could give free stickers away with membership packs and then they have to collect them, maybe as an incentive for attending matches, with the very best ones for away travel, or something?

I like the idea very much :thumbsup:

Back