• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United striker Rhys Murphy back in training

He is a bit of a one-off, horrible to play against and scores goals. If we can get him back on the pitch he's a fantastic option to have up-front either from the start or off the bench. Get Cardwell back as well and our options up front won't be bettered by many in this league.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a cheeky transfer in the offing. As much as I like Murphy, I just don't think he's a KM-type player as he doesn't really have the pace.

Mind you, with my prediction skills he'll probably now become our longest serving player ever.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a cheeky transfer in the offing. As much as I like Murphy, I just don't think he's a KM-type player as he doesn't really have the pace.

Mind you, with my prediction skills he'll probably now become our longest serving player ever.
Hyde and Dackers have zero pace either and he signed them both.

I really hope not. Murphy is a natural goalscorer the one thing we are genuinely crying out for.
Quite literally the last piece of the puzzle.

@Strike Force , agree however Hyde has an instinct and sharpness in a close situation in the box. Dackers is'tall, not fast nor much of a leap, he does appear to have reasonable close control ball skills. Shots from him so far have been limited and more about placement than power.

I really hope not. Murphy is a natural goalscorer the one thing we are genuinely crying out for.
Quite literally the last piece of the puzzle.
Me too. Hopefully he can come back all guns blazing and score loads of goals, starting on Saturday against his former club (although that's probably extremely unrealistic).

Last edited:

Murphy isn't fast but he's got a good turn over the first couple of yards which is valuable in the box.

This is potentially brilliant news. Get the old bugger match fit and add in Cardwell when fit and we should have enough options up front to really push on........ that's assuming everyone stays fit of course 🙄

I hope when he does return he gets a very warm welcome from the fans, even his doubters, this guy could be the link in the chain that spurs us to promotion.

Back