• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United striker Rhys Murphy back in training

Me too. Hopefully he can come back all guns blazing and score loads of goals, starting on Saturday against his former club (although that's probably extremely unrealistic).

Lets hope not. They see him as our most valuable player last time we played them. Which is why they kicked him off the pitch and he hasn't played since.

He is a bit of a one-off, horrible to play against and scores goals. If we can get him back on the pitch he's a fantastic option to have up-front either from the start or off the bench. Get Cardwell back as well and our options up front won't be bettered by many in this league.
I wish I shared your opinion.

I doubt we ill see Murphy on sat against his old club .Pretty sure he is not ready yet for 1st team match time .Maybe like the other returning players .Maher will try to get a behind doors game and give him 60 mins to get match fit .

I really hope not. Murphy is a natural goalscorer the one thing we are genuinely crying out for.
Quite literally the last piece of the puzzle.
Agreed. The amount of chances we're creating now vs the team he last played in is night and day. 9 in 24 according to Wiki and we were probably spoilt if we created more than one opportunity per game.

Agreed. The amount of chances we're creating now vs the team he last played in is night and day. 9 in 24 according to Wiki and we were probably spoilt if we created more than one opportunity per game.

We created very few chances in the last two games because Powell was dropped. Just like we didn't v Boreham Wood until he came on at H/T.

Dackers Pen is the first goal that didn't involve Powell.

We created very few chances in the last two games because Powell was dropped. Just like we didn't v Boreham Wood until he came on at H/T.

Dackers Pen is the first goal that didn't involve Powell.
I do feel sorry for Powell being dropped the last few games. I know the misses are what sticks in supporters minds but he is also our top scorer. It would be interesting to see how Powell fares with a Hyde or Murphy up top with him doing all the busy work around them.

Last edited:
Murphy and Hyde could be a fantastic partnership, just imagine if we had that rather than Acquah and Goodship a couple of years ago

I often think about that relegation season (that goal against Harrogate, etc), if we had todays squad in that Lg2 - im sure we would have been fine.

Great news Murphy is back, offers something different to other players, imagine he is a nightmare to play against

It was Quigley that put that tackle in on Murphy, so interesting to watch that battle when we play Chesterfield at home later in the season, if they both play.

Amazing how many more chances you create when you have forwards who can hold the ball up rather than continually going to ground.

Amazing how many more chances you create when you have forwards who can hold the ball up rather than continually going to ground.
Hey, I'm not a Murphy fan boy but if he can contribute with goals then that's only going to help the club. Besides, you say that as though the quality in the squad and work rate we have now is comparable to then.

It is about time and also Cardwell has been out for what seems ages
It might be a subconscious effect but it does seem that players get fit faster when the squad they want to be part of are playing well, and conversely stay injured longer when the "wheels" are coming off.

I doubt we ill see Murphy on sat against his old club .Pretty sure he is not ready yet for 1st team match time .Maybe like the other returning players .Maher will try to get a behind doors game and give him 60 mins to get match fit .
considering it was those tossers from Yeovil that caused his injury in the first place i doubt he would want to go anywhere near the pitch against them

Back