• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United striker Stephen Humphrys is wanted by Doncaster Rovers

To be honest. I don't get the love affair with him. He looks lazy and disinterested most games. If we get offered good money and can find an adequate loan replacement then fair enough.

I would much rather see Charlie Kelman start all the remaining games. Humphrys is limited and a not really a leader of the line. Charlie given an injury free run, will prove a much better player in time.

However sick Hump was saturday I bet he is nowhere as sick as us lot today.

Good riddance if he does go. Doesn’t jump for most headers, doesn’t make smart runs in behind, looks lonely, doesn’t pass, doesn’t bother. Get him gone.

We would be crazy to let him go with Hopper going too!
Why ? Have u seen where we are in the league? How many goals has Humphries been scoring lately? Hes definitely replaceable!! Rons not going to sell 2 strikers without having replacements lined up!! And im looking forward to seeing who they are and im sure they will be better then we got right now! League table dont lie!! Good luck to both of them.hops hasnt been the player we had before the injury and Humphries couldent hit a barn door!!

You can see it now, in a few years time, Hump will be scoring goals for fun, and we’ll all be wondering why he could never do it for us.

Why ? Have u seen where we are in the league? How many goals has Humphries been scoring lately? Hes definitely replaceable!! Rons not going to sell 2 strikers without having replacements lined up!! And im looking forward to seeing who they are and im sure they will be better then we got right now! League table dont lie!! Good luck to both of them.hops hasnt been the player we had before the injury and Humphries couldent hit a barn door!!

Because if he goes it leaves us with Kelman, Goodship, Acquah and Rush.

Kelman and good ship up front?

Well they both work their nuts off. Both have a point to prove with little to no pressure on them.

Both have scored lots of goals at a different levels.

I'd take that over the overhyped Humphrys

Because if he goes it leaves us with Kelman, Goodship, Acquah and Rush.

Sadly, Acquah and Rush aren’t ready for Lg2 football. Goodship could possibly surprise us, but he’ll need a Barry Corr style battering ram next to him. Kelman will be off.

In a nutshell, in the space of 6-months, we’ve gone from saying that our strike force is the one area we don’t need to strengthen, to, oh ****, our strike force is ****ed.

As much as the Victors and Victorias will love the opportunity for a whinge fest we need to get people out and rebuild- unless we free up the wage bill we can’t- if we have someone who will attract a fee better still.

Hopper I will be sadder to see go but maybe now is the opportunity to get a fee.

Humphreys is ok but inconsistent- something not 100%. Let’s see how things play out.

I'm sad this is happening, three good strikers gone in less than a week, how anybody can feel happy about the situation beats me. It leaves Goodship, who is reckoned by many on here as not up to playing League 1, one who looks a good prospect in the future and two youngsters with hardly any minutes playing senior football. What chance have we got now? I hope that Sol Campbell has given his blessing and has somebody decent lined up, as of last Saturday I did feel there was an outside chance of staying up but now . . .

Far less bothered about Humphrys going, especially if we get a fee. Might give Goodship the chance to play through the middle - I reckon he’d do ok.

Humphrys and Hopper have both been part of this losing squad and one of the most shocking runs in the history of the club. Yeah they’ve got talent but can you say either is firing on all cylinders right now?? A clean sweep is needed most people agreed and these two haven’t clicked as a pairing. Yes we might be left with young inexperienced strikers but how do they get experience..by playing.

Looking for positives

We aren't playing to Humphrys strengths, he's not getting the balls in the positions where he is a real threat. We are pumping balls up to him and hoping he will win the header, pass the ball to himself, get away from the defender marking him and bang the ball in the back of the net

Back