• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United striker Stephen Humphrys is wanted by Doncaster Rovers

Can you clarify the ostracised bit.

You mention being ostracized from and by his team mates, my understanding it was just Coxy he had a problem with.

Allegedly, Cox didn’t like him from the off. No idea why. He wouldn’t talk to him, wouldn’t pass to him, wouldn’t back him or protect him.

When you carry a massive sway in the dressing room, and are ultimately seen as the top dog, If you decide that you don’t like someone, or that they’re ****, then that ill-feeling inevitably spreads to the rest.

It also doesn’t help when Top Dogs’ girlfriend, is liking & retweeting scathing messages about Humphrys on Twitter, either.

Pay attention to him on the pitch. He’s trying to do it all on his own.

How many match-reports at the start of the season, said it’s seems like he’s trying too hard?

How many people said they’d wish he’d pass more?

If he hadn’t been treated like an outsider, and didn’t desperately feel the need to prove his worth to the team and to us, then maybe we’d have seen a better player, all-round.

Yeah, I think he may need a boot up the jacksy from time-to-time, as they all do.

But he’s been dealing with all this ****, aswell as the usual pressure and stress of being a professional footballer, and all at the age of 22.

If the rumours are true, and he’s soon to depart us, I can only see him going on to score a stack of goals for some northern ****hole club, before earning them a decent transfer fee.

And we’ll be sitting here like dumb ****s, pondering why it never worked out here.

Allegedly, Cox didn’t like him from the off. No idea why. He wouldn’t talk to him, wouldn’t pass to him, wouldn’t back him or protect him.

When you carry a massive sway in the dressing room, and are ultimately seen as the top dog, If you decide that you don’t like someone, or that they’re ****, then that ill-feeling inevitably spreads to the rest.

It also doesn’t help when Top Dogs’ girlfriend, is liking & retweeting scathing messages about Humphrys on Twitter, either.

Pay attention to him on the pitch. He’s trying to do it all on his own.

How many match-reports at the start of the season, said it’s seems like he’s trying too hard?

How many people said they’d wish he’d pass more?

If he hadn’t been treated like an outsider, and didn’t desperately feel the need to prove his worth to the team and to us, then maybe we’d have seen a better player, all-round.

Yeah, I think he may need a boot up the jacksy from time-to-time, as they all do.

But he’s been dealing with all this ****, aswell as the usual pressure and stress of being a professional footballer, and all at the age of 22.

If the rumours are true, and he’s soon to depart us, I can only see him going on to score a stack of goals for some northern ****hole club, before earning them a decent transfer fee.

And we’ll be sitting here like dumb ****s, pondering why it never worked out here.

i do pay attention to him and I see a lazy player at times which frustrates me as I know he has the talent. I also agree he will score stacks of goals for someone, hopefully us

I was at FFC when they got rid of him and know the reasons, and I really hope he puts it all together and comes good for us

i do pay attention to him and I see a lazy player at times which frustrates me as I know he has the talent. I also agree he will score stacks of goals for someone, hopefully us

I was at FFC when they got rid of him and know the reasons, and I really hope he puts it all together and comes good for us

I don't. I see a very hard working player who sometimes is a bit slow because he reacts to a situation rather than anticipating it. The issue (for me) is speed of thought, not work rate.

I don't. I see a very hard working player who sometimes is a bit slow because he reacts to a situation rather than anticipating it. The issue (for me) is speed of thought, not work rate.

that's fine everyone has an opinion on a player. I see a player who doesn't chase too many balls if they are more than ten yards away or someone who doesn't press the defenders when the play out from the back. He can do it as we have seen him do it once or twice, a game the other week he chased down a ball 30 yards away giving the defender 5 yard start, when your in a hole that is what you need.

I am not against him think he has it all, just want him to use it and do it for us. FFC knew he had it all and gave him a lot of time and stuck by him, sadly they lost patience in the end, I just hope he we dont if he stays.

Such a shame, this is the guy who came back from a horrific inury, had to play in a mask to hold his face together, and gave us the one brilliant moment we've had in the past year. I only wish him the best wherever that may be.

Going to be controversial here.

I don't actually rate Humphrys. He has talent but uses it very rarely.

Yes he could With much more service to be more prolific in front of goal but even so his positioning and general effort is low or certainly not used wisely.

He may grow into a useful player but right now it isn't working for him.

@Tommy2holes

I don’t want to single you out here Tom, but you’ve probably said what a few others are also thinking, so this is not aimed at you personally, but more in general...

Out of curiosity, what would Humphrys have to do, to be considered successful here?

His career with us so far, has returned a goal ratio of 1 in 3. That’s pretty good, especially when you take into consideration that during that time, we’ve been utterly ****, and getting spanked every game. I consider that to be successful.

He had his face smashed and was a whisker away from going blind. How did he react? He put on a mask, and got back out there to help us. That shows bravery and desire.

He wasn’t well received by some memebers of the squad. He could have gone the same route as Theo, by accepting it, and trying to get out of the door as quickly as possible. He didn’t. He stood up to them, and tried to prove them wrong, every time he stepped onto the pitch. That shows testicular fortitude.

He has played through injury, both physically and mentally. That shows effort & commitment.

So what else can he do, to be considered a success?

For some weird reason, all those examples I’ve mentioned don’t seem to add up to much, and I can’t see why.

If we went back two-years, and were offered a 22-year-old English striker who would have a goal scoring ratio of 1 in 3, would be committed enough to play through devastating injuries, and put his body on the line for the club, who here would have said no?

@Tommy2holes

I don’t want to single you out here Tom, but you’ve probably said what a few others are also thinking, so this is not aimed at you personally, but more in general...

Out of curiosity, what would Humphrys have to do, to be considered successful here?

His career with us so far, has returned a goal ratio of 1 in 3. That’s pretty good, especially when you take into consideration that during that time, we’ve been utterly ****, and getting spanked every game. I consider that to be successful.

He had his face smashed and was a whisker away from going blind. How did he react? He put on a mask, and got back out there to help us. That shows bravery and desire.

He wasn’t well received by some memebers of the squad. He could have gone the same route as Theo, by accepting it, and trying to get out of the door as quickly as possible. He didn’t. He stood up to them, and tried to prove them wrong, every time he stepped onto the pitch. That shows testicular fortitude.

He has played through injury, both physically and mentally. That shows effort & commitment.

So what else can he do, to be considered a success?

For some weird reason, all those examples I’ve mentioned don’t seem to add up to much, and I can’t see why.

If we went back two-years, and were offered a 22-year-old English striker who would have a goal scoring ratio of 1 in 3, would be committed enough to play through devastating injuries, and put his body on the line for the club, who here would have said no?

Absolutely spot-on. He has so much talent my fear is that some other team will gain the benefit of this. I really thought when Cox went we may see a fruitful Humphrys/Kelman partnership But the club is in such a **** state from top to bottom that we can only lose every way.

Absolutely spot-on. He has so much talent my fear is that some other team will gain the benefit of this. I really thought when Cox went we may see a fruitful Humphrys/Kelman partnership But the club is in such a **** state from top to bottom that we can only lose every way.

What hasn’t helped, is the fact that we’ve got one of the worst midfields to ever grace a football pitch.

No steel & no creativity has taken its toll up front.

Look at Kelman the other night. Had no service at all. As a result, he was bullied out of the game. Does it make him a failure? No

Would a prime Eastwood be as successful as he was, playing in this squad? **** no. In fact, Fred was so lazy, we’d have demanded him binned off, long ago.

Doncaster have just signed yet another striker this time for a fee from Shrewsbury Feji Okenabirhie. He won't be going there.

Do you think bashing him on his hooter at Donny was a cunning Medical exam by them?

You do have to feel sorry for him.

Back