• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United striker Stephen Humphrys is wanted by Doncaster Rovers

I think as fans for us it's all very confusing right now. Where does the blame lie, lazy players, a succession of poor managers, an owner who's totally clueless about the football side of things, no CEO.

We need more than a clear out players, we need RM to go. If he's prepared to walk away and recoup some of his cash (which I have no idea where it comes from looking at the accounts of his companies) that would be the best outcome for us as a club. Will £10M do it Ron ? I'll have a look down the back of the sofa.

I think there's a good player in there and away from Hopper and Cox we may well see him. I'd be more disappointed with this than Hopper, to be honest, for all certain people seem to have their knives out for him.

I think as fans for us it's all very confusing right now. Where does the blame lie, lazy players, a succession of poor managers, an owner who's totally clueless about the football side of things, no CEO.

We need more than a clear out players, we need RM to go. If he's prepared to walk away and recoup some of his cash (which I have no idea where it comes from looking at the accounts of his companies) that would be the best outcome for us as a club. Will £10M do it Ron ? I'll have a look down the back of the sofa.

£10m won't do it. Try £20m. Then as we don't make a profit, you'll need to invest about £2m a year, so if you want a 10 year project, that;s about £40m. If FF is not ready, RH needs investment, that's another £5m perhaps?

£10m won't do it. Try £20m. Then as we don't make a profit, you'll need to invest about £2m a year, so if you want a 10 year project, that;s about £40m. If FF is not ready, RH needs investment, that's another £5m perhaps?

Take over funds needed:-

Pay off Rons debt........... £20m
Buy RH site (now has Planning) £30m
Redevelop RH (just to please fans) £20m
Cost of RH upgrade over same build from new £10m
Fund wages to fans standard for 10 years £20m

Total £100m + VAT as its not a new build

Estimated re sale value if solvent £30m
Total loss on project £70m

If anyone is interested in that, then i'm a Dutchman.

Im assuming that RH is part of the deal inc Ron's debt. Even so, the sums are eyewatering,

I was throwing out £10M as what he might deem acceptable to recoup some cash and walk away. At the moment he's up **** creek without a paddle but I get where you're coming from.

You're a mischievous little monkey aren't you LOL

Im assuming that RH is part of the deal inc Ron's debt. Even so, the sums are eyewatering,

Ron said he will write off the debt if FF goes ahead. If not then surely he will want his debt paid and the going rate for land that could be build 500 houses on.

If there is no FF then who will take on RH as it is......Absolutely no one.

Those that want to press the Ron gone button would be pressing the self destruct button at the same time. So no point in having a mutiny as its near the end of the voyage and throwing the captain overboard when theres no one amongst you who can sail the ship would seem rather dumb.

I see what you did there

:Winking:

Given that the price for RH will be for a plot with planning permission for 500+ dwellings and should someone buy it for the club to remain there , they are basically writing off half of it straight away .....which is insanity ,

Another option would be to buy FF , rent RH at 500k pa and build an Airfix stadium at FF
Say 30M for the stadium , 10M for FF , 3 years of rent , plus Rons debt , plus underwriting losses for 5 years , say 7.5M , see only 70M , that will have them queueing up

The one that annoys me are those that spell his name as Paul ClarkE..........:Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang:
Far worse than spelling mistakes are silly nicknames by people assuming familiarity with players they don't know, such as Hopps, Hutch, Humph, Coxy etc

Whats far worse is how some fans are annoyed about absolutely everything no matter how trivial.

This has gone way off topic, can we get back to Humphrys please. I’m sure you can start a new thread with a misspelt 11.

All of the above is dependant on planning for Fossetts. The council block that and Ron can forget recouping or making any future money.

He will then just cut his losses.

I prefer a new owner with less grand plans to redevelop roots hall and or build a more modest stadium which has a higher likelihood of being successful.

Heard from a source that would definitely know that Humphys wants to leave and return up North. His other half is up there and has a decent job. meaning she doesn't want to move down here. Sol has apparently told Ste he cant leave, and given the current striker situation with Cox gone and Hopper on his way Humprys understands that. Think he is likely to be on his way in the summer

like the ones that love the club enough to buy a season ticket, but now demand their money back for the Bury match, when the club is in its darkest hour? the same ones that chastise Sol Campbell for asking for his wages from Maccersfield ?? them ones you mean ?
Whats far worse is how some fans are annoyed about absolutely everything no matter how trivial.

Back