• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United striker Stephen Humphrys is wanted by Doncaster Rovers

Rumors on Rovers fan forum, Humphries will be signing for Rovers after the game against Southend.
If that were true wouldn’t it be a strange, lets say he plays would he try hard enough against the team he joins the next day, would they go in on him softer because he is joining them, of course it is moot point if he doesn’t play. But if he is joining them get it over and done with

Shame, he’s a hell of a talent just hasn’t looked the same post injury. I wish him all the best and hope he does reach that potential, upsetting it looks like it won’t be with us.

I have been told by my person in the know that they would get me up to date information tomorrow but as at the end of last week it was more likely that Humprys would be going somewhere else rather than Doncaster if we let him go as 2 other clubs were offering more. Not sure who those clubs are though

I got feedback from the poster on Rovers forum who said Humphries would be signing for Rovers after the game on Tuesday. The poster said has said his source was from within Southend United, someone inside the club.

Another Rovers poster is saying that Humphries is refusing to train with the squad and pushing for a move. I will give you guys a direct quote to see.

Here is the quote:
[quote author=selby link=topic=275802.msg943178#msg943178 date=1580075652]
It looks like there could well be something in him possibly coming here. He was asked to play against us Tuesday night for Southend, before leaving the club according to their fans forum.
But has refused to train since with Southend. If true he will be leaving to go somewhere, and looks to have well and truly burnt his bridges there, apparently his partner has a good job up north and does not want to leave to live down south.
[/quote]

Here is the quote:
It looks like there could well be something in him possibly coming here. He was asked to play against us Tuesday night for Southend, before leaving the club according to their fans forum.
But has refused to train since with Southend. If true he will be leaving to go somewhere, and looks to have well and truly burnt his bridges there, apparently his partner has a good job up north and does not want to leave to live down south.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks les@donr.

Very interesting because Southend's own Twitter site carried a clip of Stephen Humphrys training with the rest of the squad late last week. Of course, things may have soured since then.

Here is the quote:
[/QUOTE]
You’ve got the wrong end of the stick there Les. As sufcjoe says your quote is about Kiernan not Hump. If I’m following this correctly Hump has got the hump but hasn’t downed tools. Just sulking allegedly.

Last edited:
What a great example of how rumours can be wrongly interpreted and repeated across other sources, and then that repetition gets cited to wrongly give credibility and validity to the rumour.

Here is the quote:
[/QUOTE]
so your source is their forum, quoting our forum?

What a great example of how rumours can be wrongly interpreted and repeated across other sources, and then that repetition gets cited to wrongly give credibility and validity to the rumour.

I have named this type of thing a self perpetuating rumour.

Back