• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United to begin interview process but Adam Barrett is not in the running to be manager

Hardly surprising. "Adam, you're Assistant manager in a run-up to getting into the play-offs for a place in the Premier league...do you fancy being a manager of a League 2 side?"

Just come up on Sky he has ruled himself out he is happy at Millwall not surprising. Lets hope we get someone who has a descent track record in League 2.

Coincides with my post on another thread AB was approached and pretty much offered the role but kindly declined , we move on and if its not Fagan then there better be a very good candidate that beats him to it .

My admiration for AB has gone up even further for sticking with Millwall and doing the honourable thing .. and not risking his reputation taking over this ****show. I happen to think he’ll return some day in some capacity. Maybe with Stan Collymore, Ricky Otto and Barry Corr as the ultimate dream team ?

I think his stock will rocket if he carries on and he will be too big for us. Just think this will be his last chance. I hope I’m wrong but I feel we are just on different levels.
A lot can happen in a few seasons. We may climb the leagues again (ok... I hypothesising) and AB's stock my fall a bit. A few years ago I though Sir Chris would always be too big for us.

A lot can happen in a few seasons. We may climb the leagues again (ok... I hypothesising) and AB's stock my fall a bit. A few years ago I though Sir Chris would always be too big for us.

Yeah I did too, especially when he was doing well at Charlton.

Coincides with my post on another thread AB was approached and pretty much offered the role but kindly declined , we move on and if its not Fagan then there better be a very good candidate that beats him to it .

At least we can put to bed the narrative that he is Southend through and through and would run through brick walls for this club. He was a good player for us but that status always seemed a strange fit when he was an Orient schoolboy (unlike the likes of Gard, Seaden, Phillips etc).

He’s entitled to turn down the huge promotion (being a manager is a massive step up from assistant) but the constant undermining of incumbents to try and get him in the job has to now stop as he’s shown himself not interested. I suspect when accosted in the street he’ll still claim he’d love to come back but the words don’t match the actions.

Football is a fickle game and he may now never get the opportunity to manage anyone let alone Southend. Hopefully the Southend job doesn’t become available for another decade because whoever gets it is committed and successful.

At least we can put to bed the narrative that he is Southend through and through and would run through brick walls for this club. He was a good player for us but that status always seemed a strange fit when he was an Orient schoolboy (unlike the likes of Gard, Seaden, Phillips etc).

He’s entitled to turn down the huge promotion (being a manager is a massive step up from assistant) but the constant undermining of incumbents to try and get him in the job has to now stop as he’s shown himself not interested. I suspect when accosted in the street he’ll still claim he’d love to come back but the words don’t match the actions.

Football is a fickle game and he may now never get the opportunity to manage anyone let alone Southend. Hopefully the Southend job doesn’t become available for another decade because whoever gets it is committed and successful.
I have seen some Stupid remarks on this site and do not Normaly comment ,but your remarks are behond stupid so I have to comment

I have seen some Stupid remarks on this site and do not Normaly comment ,but your remarks are behond stupid so I have to comment
Sorry, you've lost me there. All Zoners are entitled to an opinion, and whilst you may not agree with it, I don't why it's beyond stupid.

I think the first paragraph Spanish means, I thought it was a tongue in cheek jibe, but then everyone has the right to air their views and if not to tongue in cheek then I agree very stupid observation but one that has to be respected

Shamelessly whoreing himself out.....Who would do such a thing

If Barrett is not in the running, then it has to be Craig Fagan for me. Ticks so many boxes and importantly I'm sure he will unite the squad and produce a hard working team on the pitch.

Back