• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United to begin interview process but Adam Barrett is not in the running to be manager

You're not helping the sales of STs for next season.
If we really are on that knife edge then even FF is definitely out of Ron's reach and the most we can expect is plan approval and quick sell on.In the meantime as last season the supporters are treated like mushrooms

Has anyone got any data that suggests having a certain type of manager dictates season ticket sales?

Im sorry but I really don't believe that people are not going to get a season ticket just because AB is not manager. People buy tickets to watch their local team, not watch a man stand on the sideline.

I doubt it. We are about to go to court for a 700k unpaid bill. We have literally no money to pay this bill. We could be wound up ffs.

We didn't pay our players on several occasions and had to release or sell any and all of our more experienced squad.

We had to rely on the youth (who did us proud) to field a team.

Adam was here when Ron failed to pay the team for months and was here when he was promised much by Phil brown and got dropped for speaking up.

He now has a stable job on good money and at a progressive club.

Loves Southend yes, but he has a family and mortgage to consider.

It isn't just as black and white as some make out.

If and when the club are financially stable, possibly at fossetts under new ownership, then gripe at Adam if he doesn't want to know. Please dont disrespect a total blues legend for not wanting to be part of the current and ongoing circus.

this , I know we are all football fans but family and bills come first ,in this current climate playing safe is a wise move and I totally respect Barrett’s decision

Youve got to assume if Ron thought so highly of Fagan it would have been all wrapped up now. Perhaps his name isnt big enough, we all know how ron likes a big name.

Youve got to assume if Ron thought so highly of Fagan it would have been all wrapped up now. Perhaps his name isnt big enough, we all know how ron likes a big name.

I am not sure all that is true. But I also worry that the Chairman will be flirting with a big name with very little track record in Division 2.

For what is worth, I think the Chairman does rate Fagan. After all, he cannot be completely indifferent to how highly Fagan is regarded at the club. And the Chairman has invested heavily in young players at the club and so must have monitored Fagan's progress with the under-23s.

Maybe he is just trying to get the measure of how Fagan stacks up against the available competition before making a final decision?

I know we still have the HMRC issue hanging over our heads and are still under an embargo but I can’t help but feel we are starting off behind most others in league two. Teams are starting to make moves in the transfer market, the majority have managers who undoubtedly are planning on what they want to do once we know the start date for the new season. We on the other hand still have no manager, we are probably still a couple of weeks away from appointing one and have a small squad largely made up of inexperienced young lads with the real possibility of a one or two of the more senior lads leaving once the window officially opens. I just hope we don’t give ourselves to much of a gap to make up on others before we even kick a ball.

I know we still have the HMRC issue hanging over our heads and are still under an embargo but I can’t help but feel we are starting off behind most others in league two. Teams are starting to make moves in the transfer market, the majority have managers who undoubtedly are planning on what they want to do once we know the start date for the new season. We on the other hand still have no manager, we are probably still a couple of weeks away from appointing one and have a small squad largely made up of inexperienced young lads with the real possibility of a one or two of the more senior lads leaving once the window officially opens. I just hope we don’t give ourselves to much of a gap to make up on others before we even kick a ball.
It is just as likely to be the candidates who want to wait as RM, put yourself in their shoes.

A lot more experienced after last season. I personally think they’ll be chomping at the bit to carry on the momentum of Jan onwards. There’s a bunch of lads who are used to playing together and have a good grounding.
Ron does need to make an announcement soon, to be honest Fagan would’ve been the easy, cheap option for me but you just know Ron don’t you? God knows who’s whispering sweet nothings into his ear this time round.

It is just as likely to be the candidates who want to wait as RM, put yourself in their shoes.

Of course, if it were me I’d have my hesitations about the job and would want to see what the outcome is before committing. That said it’s well documented and those who have applied know the state of the club when doing so.

A lot more experienced after last season. I personally think they’ll be chomping at the bit to carry on the momentum of Jan onwards. There’s a bunch of lads who are used to playing together and have a good grounding.
Ron does need to make an announcement soon, to be honest Fagan would’ve been the easy, cheap option for me but you just know Ron don’t you? God knows who’s whispering sweet nothings into his ear this time round.

Don’t get me wrong, the youthfulness of our squad is one aspect our club that I really like. Those that were given minutes last season impressed me and in the end put in some really good performances and got good results to match. That would have been invaluable for their development. I still feel though that we need some experience heads in the squad and maybe a few who have played at this level and know what it’s going to take to come up against physical teams who’ll look to go direct etc

Back