• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United to face Barrow in League Two next season

That's a Carlisle-esque away trip for you hard core travellers. Not as far north but tucked away right in the bottom left hand corner of Cumbria near the Lakes. probably 40-odd miles off the M6. I have seen the ground, very non-league. I am pleased for them though, after they and then Workington slipped out of the league they havent had much to get excited about football-wise in that part of the world.

That's a Carlisle-esque away trip for you hard core travellers. Not as far north but tucked away right in the bottom left hand corner of Cumbria near the Lakes. probably 40-odd miles off the M6. I have seen the ground, very non-league. I am pleased for them though, after they and then Workington slipped out of the league they havent had much to get excited about football-wise in that part of the world.
To this day Mrs Shallow still doesn't believe me when back in 2008 our stay in the lake district coincided with Southends game at Carlisle.

Very rainy at the time but went to Carlisle anyway and did a bit of shopping in town before going to game. Dougie Freedman goal not enough to stop usual defeat (2-1) I think but enjoyed it anyway.

And of course I can boast I have followed Southend as far as Carlisle.

I await Barrow game with interest.

To this day Mrs Shallow still doesn't believe me when back in 2008 our stay in the lake district coincided with Southends game at Carlisle.

Very rainy at the time but went to Carlisle anyway and did a bit of shopping in town before going to game. Dougie Freedman goal not enough to stop usual defeat (2-1) I think but enjoyed it anyway.

Hope your keeping well Shallow, last time we played Carlisle drove there and back in a day? Hope Barrow game is in same week, to take in both in one trip, or before they let crowds in, to give us a good excuse to miss it

Looking forward to it - not!
The worst Covid 19 infection rate in the UK; voted sixth worst out of 392 places to live: a huge drug problem, and a million mile journey.
Do they sell tasers in club colours?

Me and my then girlfriend, went down to Brighton for a day trip, which just so happened to coincide with us playing them in an evening game, around 2008/9ish

We had a stroll about, spot of lunch etc etc and around mid-afternoon time, we wandered past the Brighton Club shop in the town centre, which was obviously advertising the game.

I feigned surprise, and she turned the air blue.

I told her it must be fate, so popped in and grabbed two away tickets.

My plan went off without a hitch & we won the game 3-1 ??

Barrow in Furness... it has a very tasty Bus depot.

People of a certain age... who remembers the advert?

Its also where they build nuclear submarines..

Funny place, it is run down in places with a big drug problem but very close to the most stunning part of England. Then you've got Ulverston just up the road which is a well-to-do old market town famous for being the birth place of Stan Laurel!

Strange, but true....Barrow is the town with the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the country with 824 cases per 100,000 people compared with the average for England of 244.

Back