• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United U23s and U18s news

Everything regarding the under 23's and 18's here for those like myself who take a keen interest in how those teams are getting on.

Is that Eastwood Jnr on the teamsheet? Thought he was out on loan?

Is that Eastwood Jnr on the teamsheet? Thought he was out on loan?

Unless he was on loan to a Step 1 or 2 team, there's no football to play in.
He was at Step 4 at Canvey last time I noticed.

In any case, loanees can return to play for their clubs in U23 and the like.

Great result. It's good that they can get to play against higher category. Well done Craig and all the lads.

Yes getting games against more local higher category sides works on a number levels- one of which we can scout for talent in the opposition!

Yes getting games against more local higher category sides works on a number levels- one of which we can scout for talent in the opposition!

Shame the window has shut otherwise I'd be expecting their £12m forward to be arriving shortly

The U23s just beat Crawley 3-1. Eren Kinali got a brace (again) now 4 goals in 2 games for him. Matt Rush with the other goal.

With U21's at an advantage as not counting towards the first team squad limit - I'm not sure I see much point of the U23's. The U21's might get first team opportunities ahead of the U23's. Anyone give any positives for the U23's?

Back