• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United under transfer embargo due to money owed to HMRC

Are you?.....don’t be shy, he relies on a few mugs that he can walk all over no matter what he does.

Well firstly I’m not renewing because I didn’t have one last season due to not living in the Essex area. I am now back in the Essex area and have openly said if the price is right I will get one.

That’s nothing to do with lining Ron Martin’s pocket or helping for the deposit on his new Bentley. That is me supporting the club I love, the only team I have ever loved and will ever love.

If that makes me a mug or a sheep then so be it. But I will support this club no matter who is in charge or who is manager. I’m not one of these people who says “I won’t buy with so and so in charge or xyz as the manager.” Why would I punish myself by stopping myself supporting the club that means the world to me. My money not going to the club isn’t going to help us get out of this situation. It’s not going to get rid of Ron, wake up and smell the bacon. There isn’t anyone else out there willing to take on the club and Ron won’t sell until his nest egg is sorted.

Are you?.....don’t be shy, he relies on a few mugs that he can walk all over no matter what he does.

With all the pent up hate you have, I am surprised you haven't had a heart attack. Let people do what they want to do. If they want a season ticket, it's up to them and it's literally nothing to do with you. About time you stopped all your trolling and chilled the hell out

It's not just certainty on planning permission.

That's only one small part of the equation.

They will also be looking at the economic viability of the whole project in light of coronavirus and the UK crashing out of the EU in January. We're in for an incredibly rocky time economically and projects are being shelved or delayed as companies cut their losses.

The good news is that borrowing is incredibly cheap at the moment so that can offset some of the lower returns the project will now be expected to make.

They'd be within their rights to, but I would think some leeway would be granted in light of the extraordinary circumstances that are hitting well run businesses as well as the feckless.
Well if Boris is to believed (I know, I know...) capital spending on infrastructure projects such as housing is to be an absolute priority- and the council appear very much on board as do Homes England. Then who can you trust these days..

Well the council will now have to come off the fence after decades of not appearing to support professional football in the town.Given that their sudden recent change of heart is more to do with housing than helping the club ,if they don't move fast in the planning game the town will lose its name on the national football scene and become another sporting backwater with little identity.As much as Ron is responsible for this current shambles let's not forget just how unhelpful the towns council have been for decades starting with the opportunity to have been the first club in the country in a modern stadium back in the Jobson days.As I said once before does the town deserve the club or the club deserve to be in this backward looking town.

As the above post alludes to, there is a severe economic crisis looming. The sold prices of the properties earmarked for RH and FF could be well short of what was envisaged months ago

Property market has come back booming. House prices in the south east have jumped higher than anticipated.

Back