• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United under transfer embargo due to money owed to HMRC

Oh crap. If we lose out to Evans for Osadebe, Ron will struggle to talk his way out of that one. It might even be terminal for Sol, as he’d rightly be utterly peed off.

Oh crap. If we lose out to Evans for Osadebe, Ron will struggle to talk his way out of that one. It might even be terminal for Sol, as he’d rightly be utterly peed off.

Should’ve given Evans the job over Bond.

He will be next week when the HMRC bill is paid - which I am sure will be welcomed by you, me and everyone else. Apologies- just want to put my positive hat on although I understand its strictly verboten..
No it's not .. Christ if we weren't positive about something we'd stop going. We have a mini-season of 12 games to go, possible new signings to see, the development of some good young players .. absolutely nothing to lose.

Don't see as it really matters much any longer

Of course it does! This season may be over, but next season isn’t. Osadebe could be a great signing for our upcoming League Two campaign. Ok we don’t know that for sure but when do we ever with potential signings. I’d rather we signed him if Sol rates him than we didn’t, so it matters I would argue.

if it is the macc lad maybe thats why he has asked till next week to see what happens with our situation

He wouldn't have taken it. He only goes to clubs with money to spend.

Once he'd seen the picture of our shiny new stadium he'd have been here quicker than a rabbit on a promise going down hill.

And of course it would have been too late to back out once he realised the picture was actually a 1:700 scale model in Ron's loft...….

Would we be treated the same way by the EFL if we were Bolton ? Doubt it .
I don't see why not. Bolton were under an embargo until the new owners came in and paid their debts, that's why they played their youth team for the first few matches of the season.

This is the reason we are in the mire - the way the wage bill increased under Brown:

2014/15 £3.296m for 93 football related (players inc Academy coaches, physios etc) and 38 (admin and ground staff etc)
2015/16 £4.046m for 85 and 39
2016/17 £4.700m for 105 and 46
2017/18 £5.600m for 104 and 41

Around a £1m of the increase was funded through player sales - the rest through supposed gate increases and cup runs and Ron. When we finished 7th in 16/17 Ron gave Phil another £1m on the budget to pay for Kiernan, Kightly, Turner etc and new contracts for Oxley, Ferdinand etc. for our promotion push

It didn't work and he had to cut his cloth accordingly. We've run out of cash.

I don't see why not. Bolton were under an embargo until the new owners came in and paid their debts, that's why they played their youth team for the first few matches of the season.
yeah but they also didnt play 2 or 3 and didnt get punished for that, a suspended points penalty i believe not sure that would have been our penalty for not playing.

Not sure on the cases but were bury and Bolton treated the same, both seemed to have poor owners

Back