• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United under transfer embargo due to money owed to HMRC

The sad fact of footballing life is that a player's career is relatively short. They may earn a decent wedge when playing but after they stop so does the decent money. Obviously some may migrate to coaching or various other careers but bottom line they are all mercenaries getting as much as they can for themselves and their families. Loyalty and professional footballers are not easy bedfellows. Fans are loyal (mostly) and we get paid **** all by the club, its a funny old world ain't it. Thank **** that we have ShrimperZone to discuss things sensibly.:ROFL:

Great article to day in The Metro on Donnies James Coppinger still playing at 39 and top of his game,did make me chuckle thinking how he would done here,if we had signed him

Well worth a read,how Newcastle made him fallout of love with the game along with Exeter,then Doncaster got him straight

The embargo seems to be an woefully poor excuse for Ron to avoid paying for staff number increases. He could easily move all these debts away from Southend United and into one of his other companies where the penalty would not aggressively hamper their performance! No transfer embargo etc.

SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell opted against making a move for defender Miles Welch-Hayes, due to the club’s transfer embargo.

More...

The embargo seems to be an woefully poor excuse for Ron to avoid paying for staff number increases. He could easily move all these debts away from Southend United and into one of his other companies where the penalty would not aggressively hamper their performance! No transfer embargo etc.

You make it sound so easy. If Ron had £600K of liquid assets sploshing around in one of the myriad group companies, I'm sure he'd have done so.

Sounds like Sol doesn't think the embargo will be lifted any time soon.

I think Sol is just being nice about an ex player suggesting if he could maybe he would have been in for him. Reality is we have known since early/ mid Jan who his two ex-Macclesfield targets were and these two have signed. So probably preferred Vassell- but this doesn't mean the other guy wont be very decent at L2 level.

Wouldn't be surprised if Osadebe and Vassell decide to go elsewhere soon

I think Sol is just being nice about an ex player suggesting if he could maybe he would have been in for him. Reality is we have known since early/ mid Jan who his two ex-Macclesfield targets were and these two have signed. So probably preferred Vassell- but this doesn't mean the other guy wont be very decent at L2 level.
I think Miles will be a squad player for us at present, because we have decent players in his positions already, but they have played a lot of games this season and injuries can be an issue at times. He has signed up for two and a half years, so I think he has been brought in mainly as cover at present with a view to playing more often next season onwards.

Back