• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United under transfer embargo due to money owed to HMRC

This plot twist is up there with all the greats; Usual Suspects, Sixth sense, etc etc

HMRC led Embargo, we didn't see that one coming, Players wages yes , but HMRC going to the EFL rather than the winding up court ? Do they feel this is a better way of getting the money , or only in the transfer windows.....

I really thought it was just RM saving money , Personally, other than Ted Smith , I wouldn't bother with anyone else, but given the commitment made by the Macc players it would be counter productive to back out now

Another umbargo, thanks Ron and thanks for taking an age to allow us to know a little bit about whats going on, scuse me while i duff my cloth cap in enormous gratitude

I can see no end to living hand to mouth especially as Division 2 looms. Bite the bullet Ron and find a financial partner if there is anyone out there.

I thought the HMRC debt was "dismissed" end of Jan?...

So is this not the case?

Is this a result of that?

Or is this a new HMRC debt?

No doubt there will be a super informative statement to follow from our great leader later, blaming HMRC for picking on us etc.

This is as good a time as ever to remember that without Ron, we wouldn't have a club. Equally with Ron, we're plummeting towards not having a club.

Fun times.

HMRC led Embargo, we didn't see that one coming, Players wages yes , but HMRC going to the EFL rather than the winding up court ? Do they feel this is a better way of getting the money , or only in the transfer windows.....

Only works if it's in January, or between June and September, otherwise an embargo won't have the same impact!

Back