• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting bored of discussing Bilel Moshni's future and Monday night's game. In case it had escaped anyone's notice there's a game on tomorrow and 3 points up for grabs. So I thought I'd start the pre-match thread.

I expect us to remain unchanged up front and don't think Hills will make it so Prosser will definitely play. Not sure whether Luggy will stick him in at centre half with Gilbert at left back or bring in Baldwin. Either way I don't think it will make much difference as both Gilbert and Prosser are both liable to a hoof. Personally I prefer Prosser as I think he at least tries to find his man and I remember him starting the season in great form and was unlucky to lose his place. That said, I was really impressed with Hills on Monday night and hope he's back soon.

I'd go with a line-up of:

Belford

Clohessy
Phillips
Baldwin
Prosser

Martin
Grant
Sawyer
Hall

Benyon
Harris

but I think we'll see

Belford

Clohessy
Phillips
Prosser
Gilbert

Sawyer
Grant
Timlin
Martin

Sampson
Harris

Can't see Hall going straight into starting line-up. That back four looks a bit shaky. Isn't Hills playing?

Yeah thats my preferred starting line-up with Hall coming straight back in. Strongest team available with lots of attacking players. The side I think Sturrock will go with is below.

Hills came off against Burton with cramp, I'm guessing he came off on Monday with the same thing as he's not played a lot of football in the last 2 years.

Must win, accrignton mid-table with realistically not alot to play for. We have to start being more positive at home!

They may have nothing to play for but that means they'll have no pressure so can express themselves. Plus their futures are on the line for those out of contract. Mid table? Yes we should be looking to win but it doesn't always work out like that. The Shots and Rotherham were/are mid table and look what happened there.

They may have nothing to play for but that means they'll have no pressure so can express themselves. Plus their futures are on the line for those out of contract. Mid table? Yes we should be looking to win but it doesn't always work out like that. The Shots and Rotherham were/are mid table and look what happened there.

Of course, we cant keep relying on our away form though and have to get at teams more at home.

I was also going to add if out mind-set is right I'm sure we'll win this one. However we must avoid what happened on our own patch against Daggers and Bradford who are in worse positions than Accrington.

Surely Bentley to start...?
After Belford's performances? :nope:

Why are people dropping Timlin? He's the engine in the motor, what makes the spark burn. Assuming Hills will be ok, this is what I'd go for:
Belford
Clohessy, Phillips, Prosser, Hills
Sawyer, Timlin, Grant, Martin
Harris, Sampson

Hall on the bench (think Sawyer has earned the start), with Benyon, Baldwin, Ferdinand and one of Gilbert, Crawford or Bentley as there's not masses of choice.

i heard it through the grapevine that were the same team from monday but prosser replaces barker and gilbert replaces hills. and everytime i post a team its always correct. And im not sure, but i dont think hall will even be in the squad .

Back