• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
If the match does actually go ahead , what team will we start with ?

................................SMITH..............................
CLOHESSEY.....CRESSWELL.....PROSSER.....STRAKER
HURST..........LUND........SPILLANE............MOHSNI
.....................CORR...ASSOMBALONGA................

i think we need to go on the attack + get bodies in the box , bit harsh on Leonard but
we do need to start with Corr + Assombalonga up top, with Mohsni rampaging behind them

i go for a late thaw + a thumping 4-0 win

Agree with team as above, may be tempted to play Leonard instead of Spillane.

subs Bentley, Coughlan, Leonard/Spillane, Spicer, Woodyard, Harris & Eastwood

Crowd of 4000 will see us back to winning ways at home with a 3-1 win.

If its on, its got to be a win. I would take 1 0 right now, but it realy should be more, but you never no with Southend.

a goal in the first half would be nice. followed by two in the second half - 3.0.

Same team that started on Saturday, 2-0 win to the Blues (Britt and Hurst)

This.

They'll certainly be no push overs, I watched them on Sky against Port Vale earlier this season and turned them over too. Vital we get the 3 points though, I'll settle for 1-0.

Vital we get 3 points. Exeter playing Gillingham and Cheltenham not playing means we can catch some more ground on them.

we are going to win 3-0. Lots of stay away fans becasue of the weather left regretting not coming down to watch a vintage piece of Southend football

Still not sure it will go ahead. Driving past Roots Hall last night it was dangerous and gridlocked for hours. The suns been shining most of the day so hopefully most of the ice will be gone now. For some reason Southend has been affected much worse by the weather than Rayleigh onwards.

A MUST WIN game..........how many times have we said that recently? Slip and slide it, which ever way must, we need three points tonight. If we can't start puting back to back wins and even more a series of wins together, we ain't going to get promotion. Even though failure to get the points would not mathematically end our play-off hopes it would certainly lower the confidence of both the team and particularly it's fans..............we just can't afford to slip up again at home tonight.

Southend United‏@SUFCRootsHall Tonight's game is ON! The pitch and surrounding areas are fine.

Back