• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v AFC Wimbledon

I said weeks back bring in Timlin, his legs might be gone but by Christ he would be an upgrade on what we have. I’m 100% sure our frailties are in midfield, last season we were weak as there and got pummelled, Dru went from world beater to wet weapon because the personnel around him changed to the worst we have ever had. We limped through the season and barely stayed up.

We then bring in other substandard midfielders and our defence, which although poor is completely unprotected and our forward of which we know can hit the net have Nil creation. The transfer window has killed us, not being able to stem the real issue means we will be down before Xmas. We might as well blood that litre winger who’s name I can’t spell and just play those who we can build a team around in league two. No more Hyam, Mantom, Hamilton, Dieng And I’m close to chucking Milligan in with that lot - none of them will be here next season and none of them will help this season.

I've been saying this for months.

What happened to the "pin up on the dressing-room wall what that ex-player said about Southend's shortcomings"?
I backed you today, thinking foolishly that might have motivated your team. New man, preferably Sol Campbell, has his work cut out.
Good Luck to him.

If it was pinned up (big if) they probably looked at it and said 'yeah you are probably right'

It should now be abundantly clear that signing a bunch of SPL players was a bad idea. Milligan, Shaughnessy, Ralph and from a previous regime Kiernan have all proved they just can't cut it at EFL 1 level. Add to this the foolishness of signing Lennon and Hyam with their poor injury record (not that they are any good anyway) and you have a very simple explanation of why this is probably the worst Southend squad ever. The only glimmer of encouragement is the promise shown by some of the youngsters, particularly Elvis, Kelman and Hutchinson who always looks positive even if much of what he tries doesn't come off.

It’s got a shot at being my favourite, if that’s any consolation.

In the good old days I’d’ve come up with this alias. Top trolling.

I haven't been to Brisbane Road since Peter Clarke scored that joyous 30 yarder against your lads. The consolation for me is that I could sneak a couple in at The Anchor & Hope on the River Lea (near Clapton) then get along the riverside footpath to The Princess Of Wales (sic) - used to be a Young's pub - before swaggering down to your place to see this fixture again next season. With hope, we'll be in a much more impressive vein of form than we're in now.

Ron needs to seriously consider his position, At this point 35 days in and no new manager.
Do you know anyone with cash to spare who wants to support a league one club? Love him or hate him Ron has always shown loyalty to his manager, think there’s things going on behind the scenes.. Better to make the right decision.

I remember when fans used to help young players from their clubs youth system with support even when they made mistakes, part of the learning curve. Unfortunately we have a minority of won’t use the word fans, who are on their back at every opportunity. Yes we have some poor players/ attitude but don’t destroy the confidence of the future of our club! If nothing else at the moment we game an excellent youth system. Sadly today some w*ankers even abused Elvis who had a great game with 110%effort when he came over to the West stand after the game. Hutch played well today, tried to make things happen, some nice touches, some mistakes, part of the learning curve

Back