• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v AFC Wimbledon

Starting XI for Saturday and your expectations on the result.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wimbledon are 2nd in the form table and have won 4 of thier last 6 games, this is not going to be an easy game by any means.

I have absolutley no idea what team I would pick.

Whatever the selection, it needs to be made clear we're going for the win. TWO forwards, please, Chris - or at least those who masquerade as same.
And IF we go ahead, no letting off the pedal until at least 3-0. Yeah, I know...
If the ball is in their half, at least it can't be anywhere near Turner, unless it's a dead ball chance.
The trouble with that scenario is it needs to be passed around in their half, and looking at that Glanford Park debacle, we haven't got the personnel to string passes together.
I need 13 more grounds to complete the 92, and Newport, MK, Macclesfield (if they survive) and FGR are four of them.
It's scant consolation, but it will have to do, I fear.

Wimbledon are 2nd in the form table and have won 4 of their last 6 games, this is not going to be an easy game by any means.

They won at equally stricken Rochdale and Walsall, beat playoff chasing Doncaster and Peterborough at home, lost to Charlton in the 90th minute and drew at Shrewsbury and haven't conceded in their last three.

It has 0-0 all over it - which wouldn't be a disaster as there would still be a six point gap. Its going to be as tough as we've had -they are giving it a real go as six games ago they were well adrift.

There’s 50mph south westerlies forecast for Saturday afternoon. It’s going to be horrible.

Rochdale, Walsall and Shrewsbury are probably more crucial games if we don't win.

They won at equally stricken Rochdale and Walsall, beat playoff chasing Doncaster and Peterborough at home, lost to Charlton in the 90th minute and drew at Shrewsbury and haven't conceded in their last three.

It has 0-0 all over it - which wouldn't be a disaster as there would still be a six point gap. Its going to be as tough as we've had -they are giving it a real go as six games ago they were well adrift.

There’s 50mph south westerlies forecast for Saturday afternoon. It’s going to be horrible.

Rochdale, Walsall and Shrewsbury are probably more crucial games if we don't win.
Totally agree. Wimbledon's resurgence has been remarkable. They may still be bottom but we can't take anything for granted.

The curse of the ex-player will surely strike. Piggott, Wordsworth and Pinnock, take your pick (maybe all 3 will score!).

My team,

Bishop
Moore Kiernan Lennon Hart
Demi Hyam Klass Bunn
Cox Wabo

however I think CP will go with

Bishop
Demi Moore Kiernan Lennon Hart
Mantom Hyam Dieng
Bunn
Cox

Blimey we sold over 6000 already I see

Looking like a 7500 to 8000 crowd

Good to see the Supporters backing the team through this rough patch

3 POINTS PLEASE SOUTHEND UNITED FC is a must :Thumbs up:

FYI

For those that are attending on Saturday, there will be a minute of applause before kick off for the legend that is Sid Broomfield.

A wreath will also be layed on the centre circle by a member of his family.

He will also feature on the front page of the match day programme, as well as an obituary included inside.

UTB & RIP

:Worthy:

I4SrxOBk

Last edited:
Interesting to see from Twitter that Powell is considering to bring back the Ox in goal.Not sure if this is a good move or not considering he has no game time

Interesting to see from Twitter that Powell is considering to bring back the Ox in goal.Not sure if this is a good move or not considering he has no game time

So another youngster gets dropped!!

If he does do this, based on the fact Oxley hasn't played in months, will be a poor decision IMO.

Wonder if Powell has considered playing Lennon up top with Cox ??
Think it could work myself , apparently he’s the quickest player at the club and obviously the bravest as well

FYI

For those that are attending on Saturday, there will be a minute of applause before kick off for the legend that is Sid Broomfield. A wreath will also be layed on the centre circle by a member of his family.

He will also feature on the front page of the match day programme, as well as an obituary included inside.

UTB

:Worthy:
I know it's a thing of the past, but used to love standing on the terraces built by Sid.
Does anyone else get a nostalgic warm glow when standing on the bit that's left at the foot of the South Stand.
I get in the way of those trying to escape at the end of the game as I linger. Sorry, folks.

Impossible to pick a team really as we don't know who is fit enough to play. Whoever plays and in whatever formation, regardless of whether you agree with CP or not, let's all get behind the boys and cheer them on rather than boo a backward pass etc. Nobody associated with the Club wants relegation so let's try and keep positive during the game, UTB,

Back