• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v AFC Wimbledon

Bishop was at fault for two goals Tuesday. He’s made some very good saves and looks a fine prospect but has been at fault for about half a dozen goals so far. Oxley was player of the year last year. If he’s fit this was a no-brainer.

Looks like we’re playing 3 at the back. Our best form this season has been when we went to three central defenders so it’s strange that you think we don’t have the players to play 3 at the back.

It wouldn’t have been my line-up but some of you are just looking for excuses to be angry.

Because I have memories of a average Rovers team tare us a new one when playing 3 at the back. They exploited the gaps between the 3 time and time again. For me it sends out a negative message especially as the home team to play with what is effectively 5 at the back.

wow, this is a positive thread, for months now we've been bemoaning our lack of fit senior players and as soon as CP throws them back in people are complaining that there are no kids.

Is it really a game to see what Wabo (the national league reject) can do? for me there looks to be a lot of flexibility in the team and we could be playing two up with Macca alongside Cox.

I've not been moaning about not having fit senior players and I certainly haven't suggested dropping all our youngsters - what message does that send them?

Be interesting to see how this lines up before making too many judgements.

Seems to me from reading a lot of the above, it didn’t matter what direction Powell took, he was always going to be criticised for it. That team is definitely strong enough to win this game, and I expect them to go and do it.

My concern is CP continues to play Turner. Whilst he scored last week, he has the mobility of an oil tanker ! Moore is not that poor.
Let’s get behind the team fellow Shrimpers!

It's ok … just asked A Cat Called Chicken "are we gonna win today?" (as he stretched out in his towel-covered incontinence pad laden plastic box) and I'm sure he replied "you betcha!" in Chick-speak.

View attachment 7570

He's certainly doing better than our cat Theo, who sadly we had to have put down in France last month.He would have been 16 if he'd made it to 09/03/2019. :Sad:

wow, this is a positive thread, for months now we've been bemoaning our lack of fit senior players and as soon as CP throws them back in people are complaining that there are no kids.

Is it really a game to see what Wabo (the national league reject) can do? for me there looks to be a lot of flexibility in the team and we could be playing two up with Macca alongside Cox.

I get what you’re saying and I agree to a certain extent...

However I would also say, too many senior players returning not fully fit isnt a good thing (see second half Tuesday) and there are still some senior players that have played and proved all season to be way below the level required.....or expected.

White taking a place on the bench when we already have 3 CB and 2 FB starting as well as Dieng who can play CB and Taylor Moore CB or RB on the bench is a waste of an attacking option.....

Kightly on the bench is another waste of an attacking option and he has had every opportunity to show otherwise...

Kelman over Wabo is just ludicrous after Tuesday and last Saturday’s games....

And we still have a real issue with creativity....a midfield of Hyam, Dieng, Kiernan (maybe) doesn’t change the dynamic that has been evident all season...

I know this is bad, but I was just going to get my ticket, saw the line up, and it's just not worth my little money. One striker and a zillion defenders. As a manager, you can't get a more negative line up. And if they hoof it up to Cox, it will just finish me off. No thanks. We played more or less the same against Scunthorpe, and still let in 4 with all those defenders. I shall be cheering them on listening on the radio. Come on Southend.
Out of interest, you were actually the Hall, and left?

Turner! That guy has aged me, and it's not his fault. His age is the factor.
Why are Southend doing this to me? I've been a good boy and supported the side for nearly 57 years.
As Gene Hackman says at the end of Unforgiven: 'I don't deserve this!!!'

If I am honest I am not to concerned who is in the team, what formation they play, win, lose, or draw.

It is still MY team and I will support and cheer them on as normal.

(Heads out the door for walk down to Roots Hall as normal).

Singing: Come on you Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss

See you all later.

I think the biggest mistake is leaving out Moore(In the running for POTS), leaving out Yearwood who gives us that drive in midfield, he will get his form back. And not playing a striking partner for Cox, even if it would have been Kelman or Wabo.

I watched the game mid-week on iFollow and completely missed whatever it was Wabo offered. He’s have been on my bench I’m more concerned about the lack of Hutchinson and Bwomono on the bench.

Who covers at wingback if there’s another first half injury?

Out of interest, you were actually the Hall, and left?

No, was just about to leave home. I've done my time of not missing a game no matter how they have been playing or where they were in the League. I've done the away trips. I've supported through thick and thin since the late 60s. But I can't accept a Manager picking such a negative line up at home, especially as we let in 4 this week with a similar line up. It's my one game protest, but I will be at all the home games for the rest of the season if I can afford it.

My concern is CP continues to play Turner. Whilst he scored last week, he has the mobility of an oil tanker ! Moore is not that poor.
Let’s get behind the team fellow Shrimpers!
Indeed - Turner, the most inappropriately named footballer ever. But, alongside the pace of Lennon, it becomes a different proposition and I think the two give us some solidity.

Anyway, all moot now.

Come on you Blues!!!

Today's going to be a battle. Hardly surprising that CP is letting the senior pros have a chance to stop the rot. One too many centre backs for me but I'm still with the manager.

UTB!

Back