• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Aldershot Town, Tuesday 14th September, 1945ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • New Loanee Keeper

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • John White

Votes: 43 53.8%
  • Josh Coulson

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 57 71.3%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 65 81.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 61 76.3%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 47 58.8%
  • O'Shane Stewart

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 66 82.5%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Hamzad Kargbo

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Lewis Gard

Votes: 6 7.5%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Win

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Game could hinge on Arnie being fit. Defensively we look a lot more confident with him in goal. And why not give Sim a chance out wide, proven at this level and can’t see that we have better at the moment. Start with Walsh if Dennis isn’t fit too.

Arnie (or loan GK)
Demi Hobson Coulson Ralph
Walsh Dunne Bridge Akinola
Murphy Dalby

What do I know anyway.

Must win game !

Game could hinge on Arnie being fit. Defensively we look a lot more confident with him in goal. And why not give Sim a chance out wide, proven at this level and can’t see that we have better at the moment. Start with Walsh if Dennis isn’t fit too.

Arnie (or loan GK)
Demi Hobson Coulson Ralph
Walsh Dunne Bridge Akinola
Murphy Dalby

What do I know anyway.

Must win game !
Got a say my spirits lifted when I saw Akinola in that side

gk
White, Hobson, Coulson, Ralph
Bridge, Dunne, Agogo, +Plus either Walsh/Atko/Philips/Ferg ; whoever has a focus
Dalby, Murph

Play 4 4 2 ffs, we haven't got players for wing back and enough pace/energy for 3 cbs.

And FANS, save the moans, groans and jeers for watching Strictly.

Not sure what car they drive can decide if they play or not ?

Must win game this, especially being at home with a good crowd behind us, win this and it could start our season off, need to stay in top half as long as possible.

Ive gone for 4-4-2 formation :no Ogogo in the list so i gather hes still injured ,Matt dennis injured also.
Seaden (unless we get a loanee ) Demi ,Hobson, Coulson Ralph
Bridge, Philips, Dunne, Walsh
Murphy, Dalby
subs Howard ,Sayers Egbri ,Rush kargbo.
Yes apart from Egbri no midfielder on the subs bench ,,My thinking was Demi could go to midfield and Howard to RB also Sayers to LB and Ralph to left midfield,. HOPING THE PLAYERS TURN UP FOR THIS AND WE GET A WIN.

What happened to NTI ,the trialist GK he played against Fulham i believe ,how old is he and some said he looked decent against Fulham.

Keeper Collin Andeng-Ndi has signed a one year contract with a view to a further year. He was on the bench at Halifax.

STOP. PLAYING. WING. BACKS.

Or, sign a couple because we currently have a grand total of zero at the football club. I thought I'd stopped letting football get to me but I'm still raging about that pathetic performance Saturday so I think I'm best to not really comment on it and move on to this one. The fixture calendar has been kind in the sense that we're not waiting a week between games.

Loan GK

JD White Hobson Ralph

Atkinson Dunne Phillips Bridge

Dalby Murphy​

I don't expect Coulson to be able to play 2 games in quick succession like that and that could be a good thing because this 3-5-2 has been engineered to protect him and his lack of pre-season and it's just a shambles with several square pegs in round holes.

They've lost 5 out of 5. We cannot line up with a 3/5 at the back.

@Mad Cyril . I spoke to the club and their response was. "They are still looking into mid-week streaming but nothing so far as to if it will happen this season".

Going by that i would say very little chance.

Back