• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Aldershot Town, Tuesday 14th September, 1945ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • New Loanee Keeper

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • John White

Votes: 43 53.8%
  • Josh Coulson

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 57 71.3%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 65 81.3%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 61 76.3%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 47 58.8%
  • O'Shane Stewart

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 66 82.5%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Hamzad Kargbo

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Lewis Gard

Votes: 6 7.5%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Win

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would stick with 3 at the back - I think we could look very exposed through the middle otherwise.

Take a 1-0 win - bit like Arsenal at the weekend where confidence is low and just need the points on the board.

Where do you find this out, mate?

Is it somewhere obvious

Looking at the poll predictions for a win Tuesday evening at over 50 percent. And I am one of them .
If we do bollocks it up against Aldershot, their is going to be a lot of ****y posters!
But it’s not going to happen is it team.

I've just watched the Aldershot manager's pre match interview and he described us as sleeping giants of a club. Well on that basis I hope we wake up tomorrow and give them a damn good seeing to.

More like ****ing comatose giants.

I would just like to point out the following..

4,300 (four thousand three hundred) is an even four-digits composite number following 4299 and preceding 4301. ... The sum of its digits is 7. It has a total of 5 prime factors and 18 positive divisors. There are 1,680 positive integers (up to 4300) that are relatively prime to 4300.
Yeah but how old are you?

Classic Sunday League tactic: pick the bloke with a car who’ll give you a lift to the match.

Moving Ralph to left wing back would be a negative move. If you want more attacking intent Egbri in for Demitriou would be the way to go.
I agree JD seems to be in everyone's line up and I would like to see him dropped. It is a pity we haven't got a decent natural RB to replace him on a more permanent basis.

Headline makes him sound like a lion ……
……ain’t he trolled that one out a million times already?……it’s pace and ability you need man not the crap words you keep spouting. The Roots Hall tea lady emwould have been an improvement on Mark Moseley but at the moment you are not looking much better!

……ain’t he trolled that one out a million times already?……it’s pace and ability you need man not the crap words you keep spouting. The Roots Hall tea lady emwould have been an improvement on Mark Moseley but at the moment you are not looking much better!
….and now he is spouting Matt Dennis let’s him down with his fitness……is there anyone he don’t blame except his own useless negative self?

Im going for

Arnold (hopefully)

White coulson Hobson Ralph

Egbri. Dunne Philips bridge

Murphy Dalby

2-0 win infront of 5104

So he is basically saying Atkinson is garbage but his attitude is good.

PB's PR needs work

Like most, I’d like to see us go 4-4-2 now, and would go for:

Arnold

Demi Hobson Coulson Ralph

Walsh Atkinson Dunne Akinola

Murphy Dalby​

I know it won’t happen, but it’s time to bring Akinola in from the cold, he’s proven at this level and we might as well put him in the shop window now. Walsh looked good last season when he played and has a better end product than Egbri who works hard but often fails to deliver.

For 3 years everyone claimed a CEO will solve all the problems in the club. Once Stan was on board it reached its crescendo back in May.

Still 4 months is a very long time in the football forum world. The new saviour is now 4-4-2.....Its obvious to some that we would be above Dagenham if we had played that system.

Will it make Murphy hit the target, refs give penalties or the lino flag for clear off-sides....Nope.

Will it stop defenders ducking under crosses and allowing Halifax to go 1-0 up....Absolutely not.

The formation v Aldershot is of no importance. The reaction of the players is all that matters.

Back