• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Altrincham, Saturday 3rd December, 12:30ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 40 85.1%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • Cav Miley

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Aaron Cosgrave

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blondy Nna Noukeu

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Win

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
After two consecutive away defeats, it’s back to Roots Hall for a lunchtime kick off against Altrincham. The National League made the change to kick off times on 1st November to avoid a potential clash with World Cup games for England and Wales https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/kick-off-times-altered-to-avoid-potential-world-cu-73176

Lunchtime games can offer feel a bit flat, so on the back of two disappointing away defeats let’s hope Kev and the team can lift the guys’ spirits and give us a decent festive footballing feast for the first game in December.

It’s another SUEPA Saturday and our visitor will be Mark Phillips, stalwart Central. Defender from 2010-2014. I’m sure you’ll give him a warm welcome and there’s a chance to quiz him in a few Q&A session in the Shrimpers Bar after the game.

Altrincham have become a full-time professional team for the first time this season. They must have been questioning the point of this by mid-September when the first 9 games yielded 5 draws and 4 defeats. Their form has however improved since then and they’re currently on a 3 game unbeaten run with wins at home to York and Eastleigh and a draw away at Woking. Ryan Colclough is their top scorer with 5 goals, but all his goals have been scored at home so maybe he doesn’t travel well.

For the blues, maybe two consecutive defeats will prompt a rethink and Kev and Co. have a few conundrums to work out. Does he continue with Collin in goal or give Blondy another chance? How does he fit in both Nathan Ralph and Jack Bridge? What is the best midfield three? Does he stick with the same formation or is it time for a change? How many of our strikers are fit to play and what’s the best combination of the fit ones?

I’m sure everyone on here has an opinion on such matters, so who would you choose to start on Saturday lunchtime and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
Perform like the last two games and we will be looking at 3 defeats on the bounce.
If we’d had scored first (and we had the chances to do so) we’d have likely won both those matches.

I think xG had us creating the better chances in both.

The margin between success and failure is thinner than sometimes people give credit for.

I agree with @Yorkshire Blue, and think that when that thin confidence thread snaps, it's hard to find another - especially at this level.

I know many have said off the field problems don't impact players, but like Lopata's departure last season, it only needs one, maybe two, significant things to disrupt.

What do players do all day if not discuss amongst themselves and then later on private WhatsApp groups what's going on around them?
Two/three hours of training is 12% of their day.

Injuries and off-the-field can surely be the only reason for a two-game slump, bearing in mind praise heaped on the squad before that, and not praise I dispute.

Losing your four main strikers would have a big impact on any team from the Premier League downwards. We need at least one to be available on Saturday otherwise could be another frustrating afternoon.

Not going again until we have some forwards who can actually play!!
Interesting attitude. With the starting XI announced at 11.30 Saturday
and if it were to include one of your preferred forwards would you be able to make the kick off?

Probably an idea to tell Kev now who you’d like to see play so to avoid a wasted journey. Shame injuries preclude fans from supporting their team.

Interesting attitude. With the starting XI announced at 11.30 Saturday
and if it were to include one of your preferred forwards would you be able to make the kick off?

Probably an idea to tell Kev now who you’d like to see play so to avoid a wasted journey. Shame injuries preclude fans from supporting their team.
5 forwards missing🤔

i wont give my thoughts on the injured players because if i said one was made of cardboard and the others paper mashe ,i might be deemed a racist

Would you not go if we had five defenders missing?
If lopata was missing then I'd probably give it a miss as he runs the show! Forwards put bums on seats and so why would I pay £25 to see a less then adequate side? Who's scoring the goals for us with five strikers missing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back