• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Barnsley 2nd Round FA Cup

SOUTHEND United host Barnsley in the second round of the FA Cup this afternoon. Follow the action live here.

More...

Why,Dieng is playing up front again behind Cox?!!

He was playing in between midfield and Cox, but was never 'up front' unless it was closing down the angles. He did it very intelligently. Remember there isn't two other midfielders sitting in. I think you'll see Dieng tuck in naturally when Dru drives forward which is a bit of a waste.

'watching' from home today. The bench shows how we are down to the bare bones re defenders - hope no more injuries or 'we're doomed Captain Mannering'

Elvis in for Demi was no choice. Turner in for Moore is to combat Barnsley’s height, so no issues.

I suggested Kightly in for Bunn in the pre match thread, just as we have another cup game on Tuesday and to keep everyone fresh.

Yearwood for Hyam is the only one that I am confused with, as I thought Hyam looked good on Tuesday and is what we have been missing, and Yearwood might not be 100%.

Let’s wait and see. Gutted I am not there or able to watch in ifollow.

Elvis in for Demi was no choice. Turner in for Moore is to combat Barnsley’s height, so no issues.

I suggested Kightly in for Bunn in the pre match thread, just as we have another cup game on Tuesday and to keep everyone fresh.

Yearwood for Hyam is the only one that I am confused with, as I thought Hyam looked good on Tuesday and is what we have been missing, and Yearwood might not be 100%.

Let’s wait and see. Gutted I am not there or able to watch in ifollow.

Think you'll find the Luton game is next Wednesday and it is on iFollow (unlike today's game).

Dru fit again, supposedly.

Kites in, as well.

Slightly surprised he didn't stick with Tuesday's side (Demi apart). Especially as Bunn and Hyam had very good first-halves.

Maybe wanting to get out of the cup al a PB and is lining up his excuses already? Hope I'm wrong.

Hendrie saves off the line, Oxley down. Southend break, Mantom shoots........ over the stand.

Back