• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Barrow AFC

We are such a different side now. Hard working, disciplined, committed. Football shows room for improvement but that will come.

I was thinking that too, that this result showed just how far we've come being down to ten men and still hold on to the lead. We could've had 15 players on the field before and not be able to do that - or get a lead in a game...

2nd half was much the same as the first, Barrow had more of the ball but did nothing with it. Ox only had 1 save to make all game.

Not there yet and we all knew it would take play-off form to get out of the hole we were in (and aren’t out of yet), but if you take the results since and including Walsall away, I think that’s 17 points from 9 games. Average that over a season and you’re looking at 87 points. That would get you automatic promotion most seasons.

Christ, that was nerve wracking, excellent defending ,more like an away performance defence resolute and looking solid. We all know Halford is a bit of a carthorse, never should have started and certainly should have been subbed. Still,3pts onwards and upwards.

Mr Halford, you'll be hearing from my solicitor.......I don't know how much time the stress of that second-half has taken off my life.:Winking: A quivering wreck at the end of the 99 minutes, I can hardly type for my hands shaking. A vital three points and to their credit, a brilliant second-half defensive performance which denied Barrow virtually any chance on goal. If anything, we should have stretched our lead, we had the chances
Totally agree regarding the stress aspect!........ There is just no fun in this is there? The situation is just far too serious, going for a lie down now.

The next target is to sign Joel Lynch & maybe another striker if our goal scorer hamstring is bad.

Games in hand over Barrow & Grimsby, lets make them count.
I’m starting to believe that’s it’s daylight at the end of the tunnel instead of the headlights of the administrators Jaguar.

I was thinking that too, that this result showed just how far we've come being down to ten men and still hold on to the lead. We could've had 15 players on the field before and not be able to do that - or get a lead in a game...
At times before the sending off it seemed like we had 13 on the pitch. We seemed to be hunting them everywhere in packs

Bring in Lynch, a striker and a McCormack type midfielder and we can do this ? Anyone else breath a sigh of relief when Macca comes on? Got to keep him fit. Invaluable.

For me McCormack and K.Taylor are our best midfielder pairing. They get us moving up the pitch quickly and break up attacks through the middle.

For me McCormack and K.Taylor are our best midfielder pairing. They get us moving up the pitch quickly and break up attacks through the middle.

Yep. However, I’d go a three as our strongest though: Taylor, Macca/Demi (half each), Dieng. Good mixture.

Games in hand over Barrow & Grimsby, lets make them count.
I’m starting to believe that’s it’s daylight at the end of the tunnel instead of the headlights of the administrators Jaguar.

Don't forget our next match is away at Grimsby. Barrow play Scunthorpe on the same day.

Back