• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Barrow, Saturday 9th January, 15:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 92 85.2%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 88 81.5%
  • John White

Votes: 79 73.1%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 92 85.2%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 85 78.7%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 87 80.6%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 49 45.4%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 71 65.7%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 72 66.7%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 56 51.9%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 67 62.0%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 90 83.3%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Michael Klass

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Richard Taylor

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Harry Phillips

• Harry Kyprianou

• Louis Walsh

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 40 37.0%
  • Harry Seaden

• Win

Votes: 56 51.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Confidence is certainly bubbling on the Prediction League. On a rough calculation, not far off 90% are predicting a home win. Just hope that that confidence can make its way over to the team this afternoon!

Who cares If they’ve recently won a couple of games under a new manager, we won a couple and then got done 2-0 by bloody orient.

it’s only Barrow and we’re at home with a pretty decent team now so why all the doom and gloom predictions?. We should beat them today or at eve very worst nick a point. Can’t even contemplate losing this one.

Who cares If they’ve recently won a couple of games under a new manager, we won a couple and then got done 2-0 by bloody orient.

it’s only Barrow and we’re at home with a pretty decent team now so why all the doom and gloom predictions?. We should beat them today or at eve very worst nick a point. Can’t even contemplate losing this one.

Home advantage has gone out the window without fans.

It’s still a slight advantage when you know your own pitch, surroundings and don’t have a 5 hour coach journey each way like they’ll have to put up with.

Afternoon refreshments in the fridge .....check
Game going ahead .........................................check
Assuming the match position......................check
Ready !

Come on you Shrimpers :Happy::Happy::Happy:

Both teams won't want to lose this, so I'm going for a draw. would not be the worst result.

We mustn't let them get the three points.

Oh God I wish I could feel confident. On recent form, Orient aside, we should be winning this. I do think home advantage still counts for something. But being where we are in the league and this being a real 6 pointer I've got a horrible feeling we'll blow it. But I am the eternal pessimist where we're concerned so hopefully i'll be proved wrong.

I feel I cannot underestimate the importance of today's game. Looking at the league table and the way seemingly everyone around us (bar Grimsby) are picking up points every week, if we don't win we are back in serious trouble. Feeling pretty nervous. COYB

Big game as are all of our upcoming games.

Oxley

Bwomono Dieng Hobson Hart

Egbri Macca Oyalinka. ANG

RHF

Akinola

For me...

I feel I cannot underestimate the importance of today's game. Looking at the league table and the way seemingly everyone around us (bar Grimsby) are picking up points every week, if we don't win we are back in serious trouble. Feeling pretty nervous. COYB
While not good losing today would not necessarily be the end of us. What we cannot afford is going three to five games for only one point, and, as we lost our last game we have very little wiggle room.
1-0 to Blues and ANG to be the goalscorer is the prediction from here!

Dont get the starting lineup at all! ANG and macca have to start! Cant see why halford starts.I hope this doesent back fire on us

Back