• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
OK, let's do this !! :thumbsup:

Views and preferred / expected line ups please...

Given that Turner and Wordsworth are unlikely to be fit and Ranger is still working off the porridge diet I'd go for the following (only possible change would be to start with Yearwood and not Timlin, but I cannot see PB risking the 17 year old in our first game?). Still hoping we bring in a WOW centreback signing, as we lack height without Turner, but it's getting late in the day now for Saturday;

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand White Coker
Kightly Lenny Timlin McLaughlin
Cox MAF

Subs; Smith, Hendrie, Matsuzaka, Yearwood, McGlashan, Robinson, Ba

thoughts?

My starting line up is very arbitary, and it wouldn't surprise me if Floval's is correct. Neither would it surprise me if we are both wrong.

Oxley

Demetriou Ferdinand White Hendrie

Kightly Lenny Timlin McGlashan

Cox MAF

I'm really looking forward to Saturday, especially if my seat is a new one.

Goalkeeper - Tough call. Oxley seems to have had a great pre-season and is more likely to be unhappy sitting on the bench so expect he'll get the nod.
Defence - If we get a centre back signed up this week I can see him starting ahead of White, but if it's too late in the week or doesn't happen then he is the obvious choice. Coker vs Hendrie depends on how Cokes does if he features tomorrow but Hendrie surely ahead just for fitness.
Midfield - Can't see us going with two out and out wingers against Blackburn as they'll look to get at us. I reckon we may replicate the system used against Brighton with Dru starting alongside Timlin and Leonard in a midfield three with more freedom for Kightly. McGlashan to come off the bench.
Forwards - Cox and MAF no contest.

Oxley,
Demetriou, Ferdinand, New signing/White, Hendrie,
Leonard, Timlin, Yearwood, Kightly,
Cox, Fortune
Subs: Smith, White/Matsuzaka, Coker, McGlashan, McLaughlin, Klass/Ba, Robinson

When was the last game we played against this lot at Roots Hall? (Sorry I don't know their nickname either).

Was it the 3-0 game with Sherwood sat on the bench and the Blackburn team taken apart? That seems a long time ago now.

Coker is better than hendrie....

..........oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand white Coker
Kightly lenny yearwood macca
..............cox maf
I say this team....is macca fit?

When was the last game we played against this lot at Roots Hall? (Sorry I don't know their nickname either).

Was it the 3-0 game with Sherwood sat on the bench and the Blackburn team taken apart? That seems a long time ago now.
Yep, 5th November 1991. Only time we've ever beaten them.

So far we have accounted for 5937 home bums on seats. Still a week to go and that figure is without the freeloaders that don't pay. Not unreasonable to expect a 7k+ crowd for this once Blackburn numbers are added.

Coker is better than hendrie....

..........oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand white Coker
Kightly lenny yearwood macca
..............cox maf
I say this team....is macca fit?

But not match fit, any more than McLaughlin is. I am sure that Timlin would start in midfield ahead of Yearwood.

But not match fit, any more than McLaughlin is. I am sure that Timlin would start in midfield ahead of Yearwood.

That's what I thought - a bit of a risky strategy that. Putting an untried young player in for the 1st match of the season whilst leaving a seasoned and competent player on the bench. Interesting.

So far we have accounted for 5937 home bums on seats. Still a week to go and that figure is without the freeloaders that don't pay. Not unreasonable to expect a 7k+ crowd for this once Blackburn numbers are added.

There will be 8-9k in for this one.

Team of:

Oxley

Demetriou ferdinand new signing coker

Kightly Leonard new signing mclaughlin

Cox MAF

Smith white Yearwood Timlin McGlashan Robinson klass

always thought it was the 'Black Bin Liners' :winking:

My starting line up is very arbitary, and it wouldn't surprise me if Floval's is correct. Neither would it surprise me if we are both wrong.

Oxley

Demetriou Ferdinand White Hendrie

Kightly Lenny Timlin McGlashan

Cox MAF

I'm really looking forward to Saturday, especially if my seat is a new one.

Reckon we'll both be wrong RHB, :smile:

Only dead certs to start will be; Demetriou, Ferdinand, Lenny, Kightly, and Cox... Trying to second guess what's in PBs plans is a hard ask.

Last edited:
That's what I thought - a bit of a risky strategy that. Putting an untried young player in for the 1st match of the season whilst leaving a seasoned and competent player on the bench. Interesting.

Yearwood was far better than Timlin v Brighton so why not. Without Wordsworth we lack some quality on the ball in the centre of the pitch. Yearwood looks to have a more attacking range of passing than Timlim

Really hope Timlin doesn't start ahead of Yearwood - just don't think Timlin is good enough anymore and was more impressed with Yearwood than Timlin against Brighton

Back