• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
So, onto Saturday...

Interested to see whether Phil changes a 'winning' team??

Only doubts for me would be Timlin and Ferdinand?

Oxley
Demi, Ferdinand or White, Kyprianou, Timlin or Hendrie
Wright, Lenny, Wordsworth, McLaughlin
Ranger, Cox

subs from the rest...

Assuming everyone is fit, the front 6 pick themselves with Kightly still injured.

As for the two centre backs and left back, pick three from 5.

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Kyprianou White
Wright Leonard Wordsworth McLaughlin
Ranger Cox

This one for me please.

Never in a million years would he drop ferdie for white and play 4 full backs in the back line!! If you think he should then you know absolutely nothing about Phil brown or football in general

Never in a million years would he drop ferdie for white and play 4 full backs in the back line!! If you think he should then you know absolutely nothing about Phil brown or football in general

It doesn't take a genius (let alone someone who knows anything about football for that matter) to fathom that if all your CBs are injured you'll likely need to play a back four of full backs... if Anton is injured (he looked out on his feet against W'don) then PB will have no choice. Afterall PB has played Kyprianou and Lenny at CB, and a CM (Timlin) at LB or even a RB (both White and Demi) at LB; then anything is possible when it comes to Mr Phil Brown.

Assuming everyone is fit, the front 6 pick themselves with Kightly still injured.

As for the two centre backs and left back, pick three from 5.

I was just thinking about Kightly coming back in, should only be out for a week or two apparently. Although to be fair, McLaughlin is doing a decent job at the moment.

This got me thinking though. When Kightly is fit, assuming he gets back in, what a midfield four we will have! The idea of Wright, Leonard, Wordsworth and Kightly as a unit is an exciting one. Can't think of any teams in League 1 with better than that.

I would keep it the same except remove Timlin but who do you replace him with Hendrie who is not any better or white who will do a decent job but clearly not a left back. Ferdinand looks like he needs a rest badly but could too many changes make a negative impact on the team. Would only replace him with White due to the obvious injuries to the CB's.

I would keep it the same except remove Timlin but who do you replace him with Hendrie who is not any better or white who will do a decent job but clearly not a left back. Ferdinand looks like he needs a rest badly but could too many changes make a negative impact on the team. Would only replace him with White due to the obvious injuries to the CB's.

if Anton is fit one possibility would be him and White at CB with Kyprianou at LB which is his natural position

Except Steve Tilson brought White in on loan originally as a left back so "clearly" he can play there?

Same side, I reckon.

He'll tinker on Tuesday night with playing JW, Hendrie and the like, I think.

It doesn't take a genius (let alone someone who knows anything about football for that matter) to fathom that if all your CBs are injured you'll likely need to play a back four of full backs... if Anton is injured (he looked out on his feet against W'don) then PB will have no choice. Afterall PB has played Kyprianou and Lenny at CB, and a CM (Timlin) at LB or even a RB (both White and Demi) at LB; then anything is possible when it comes to Mr Phil Brown.

It does somewhat also overlook that JW was orginally a CB who converted to a FB

Except Steve Tilson brought White in on loan originally as a left back so "clearly" he can play there?

Indeed he did- JW having been the LB at Col U for some time. Was trying to remover the CB who came on loan at the same time?

I think it's safe to say we can now start referring to Harry as a CB. Just because he played LB, mainly at youth level, doesn't mean we have to always label him as that. Look at Lenny, was once a RB but now one of the best midfielders in the league.

Indeed he did- JW having been the LB at Col U for some time. Was trying to remover the CB who came on loan at the same time?
Baldwin? He was good but couldn't get a start with us and didn't want to warm the bench until his contract expired, went to Exeter?..........or I might have it all wrong!
Same team to start unless there are injuries; a team that wins twice in succession ought to be retained unless Blackpool have a particular player strength that needs stopping.
I wonder what muck the 'pool fans will screech at Ranger?

Baldwin? He was good but couldn't get a start with us and didn't want to warm the bench until his contract expired, went to Exeter?..........or I might have it all wrong!
Same team to start unless there are injuries; a team that wins twice in succession ought to be retained unless Blackpool have a particular player strength that needs stopping.
I wonder what muck the 'pool fans will screech at Ranger?

Assuming the Oyston family are still running the Blackpool show, I think they would do well to stay quiet.

I was just thinking about Kightly coming back in, should only be out for a week or two apparently. Although to be fair, McLaughlin is doing a decent job at the moment.

This got me thinking though. When Kightly is fit, assuming he gets back in, what a midfield four we will have! The idea of Wright, Leonard, Wordsworth and Kightly as a unit is an exciting one. Can't think of any teams in League 1 with better than that.

I was thinking who would I drop if Kightly was fit. It's a tricky one. In the end I cheated and went with a 4-4-1-1 with Wordsword being in the hole but then who do you drop up front?

You shouldn't change a winning side but said too often this season is Ferdinand needs resting... Potentially White for Ferdinand.

Kightly would surely come in for Macca and play tucked in a bit on the left.

How far away are kightly Kiernan and turner?

Unchanged side , but we will have to play better to get points against better sides.

I would think an unchanged side will result in us playing better. the team look to be lacking confidence and cohesion at the moment, playing together and winning together will improve that

Back