• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Bolton Wanderers

Well, that's very unfortunate. We move on ..... we have to learn to put chances away and get into the box and threaten more. MM has a few more cards in his pack now. Holmes looked impressive when he came on, as did K Taylor. We also have Olayinka to return and Nile to come in. Just frustrating that Ox has basically handed them the 3 points, he will know that. The one thing I was scratching my head over was messing with the back four at 0-0. We look so much more balanced and in control with Clifford and Elvis and two centre halves.
Well we have not learned yet have we

So there we are- if you have no goal threat this is going to happen. We have scored one goal in three games and got 4 points so we can’t complain.

Good news is Holmes looked sharp and I am sure will provide additional much needed threat. We are desperate to get Ranger on the pitch. Desperate. And frankly may have to take the gamble on Simpson.

We simply will not stay in the league scoring a goal every two or three games.

I’d love to know what Oxley actually thought was happening there. So wooden and robotic. Doesn’t react to the first fault of not tipping it over. That was a Sunday league goal

and the worst bit is we’ve seen him go into his shell now after a big howler like that

Oxley cost us a hard-earned point, amateur error on his part to not just tip the ball over. A sunday league keeper would get both barrels for doing that, let alone a professional. F**king dreadful

Also the manager should start he’s best 11 stop ****ing about get the best team out there no excuses now....****ing Demi over Taylor Fairchild over Holmes get a ****ing grip

People actually blame MM subs for us losing that? It was one of the biggest dog **** things I’ve ever seen from a keeper.
Clifford had been targeted and worked hard all game, MM wanted a bit more life and fresh legs to run at their dog **** right back.

Made sense to me.

Having looked at it several times it's clear that the ball has looped down from height and hit the front of the bar to bounce back into play. Oxley and most everyone else had assumed it would land on top of the net. Only Miller was awake and scored the goal. Difficult to blame Oxley really, just a freak circumstance. The sort of thing that doesn't happen in our favour, ever.

At least Barrow lost too.

The best thing for us to do is say hard luck, move on. Get Holmes starting for RHF but otherwise stick with the same eleven at Forest Green on Wednesday.

Thing is Bolton were not even that good and at times we worked so hard today
Don’t understand why MM changed it so much and Oxley needs to answer himself for that howler
They were good first half. We were lucky to go in level. They had the ball in the back of the net twice and Ox made a couple of stops

Didn't feel like that at half time, after Ox kept us in the game. Bad error, but some perspective needed
He kept us in the game but also cost us the game. There is no excuse for what he did when he's a pro keeper.

A Premier League keeper would have made sure that dropping ball was dealt with: a jump and a pushover was favourite.
But that's what you get at this level.
There again who was quickest to react? One of our defenders?
Will back up all who said the subs added nothing.
I'll give Holmes time, but as ever Emile gets pinned by centre halves, and when in the clear, at least head the blessed thing on target!
Any second now, someone will give him the benefit of the doubt as a 'young' player who's 'developing'.
Hart for Clifford suggests MM knows more than we do.

Having looked at it several times it's clear that the ball has looped down from height and hit the front of the bar to bounce back into play. Oxley and most everyone else had assumed it would land on top of the net. Only Miller was awake and scored the goal. Difficult to blame Oxley really, just a freak circumstance. The sort of thing that doesn't happen in our favour, ever.

At least Barrow lost too.

The best thing for us to do is say hard luck, move on. Get Holmes starting for RHF but otherwise stick with the same eleven at Forest Green on Wednesday.
Did it hit the bar? Thought Ox parried it

Oxley has saved us multiple points this season, one catastrophic error doesn't mean he should be dropped, I've seen Seaden play in the EFL Trophy and he is nowhere near ready to start for us.
Agreed, it was a howler from Oxley yes, but I wouldn't drop him. He's going to be more gutted about that than anyone. Such a shame as we deserved a point..

Newsflash.... goalkeepers make mistakes...
Of course they will be costly in you hardly ever score. A lot of keepers get to make clangers in games they win 3-1. Oxley plays in a side that either scored 1 or more likely 0. So each of his mistakes will cost points..

Back