• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Bolton Wanderers

Did it hit the bar? Thought Ox parried it
No it came off the bar. If it had spun out and then caught bar on way back down it was probably a nightmare to deal with- in fact to do so he needed to be facing the other way..

He kept us in the game but also cost us the game. There is no excuse for what he did when he's a pro keeper.
Pro keepers make terrible errors at times, look at Liverpool. Alisson gifted Man City 3 points and then gave Vardy an open goal the week after. Mistakes happen. The only difference is the consequences of an outfield making a mistake isn't as disastrous as a keeper doing it.

A Premier League keeper would have made sure that dropping ball was dealt with: a jump and a pushover was favourite.
But that's what you get at this level.
There again who was quickest to react? One of our defenders?
Will back up all who said the subs added nothing.
I'll give Holmes time, but as ever Emile gets pinned by centre halves, and when in the clear, at least head the blessed thing on target!
Any second now, someone will give him the benefit of the doubt as a 'young' player who's 'developing'.
Hart for Clifford suggests MM knows more than we do.
A secondary school keeper would have made sure that didnt go in. :(

Newsflash.... goalkeepers make mistakes...
Of course the will be costly in you hardly ever score. A lot of keepers get to make clangers in games they win 3-1. Oxley plays in a side that either scored 1 or more likely 0. So each of his mistakes will cost points..
The point stands though that it was an amateur clanger, not even a professional one. Not like he got caught out in his box, he wasn't even under pressure!

Pro keepers make terrible errors at times, look at Liverpool. Alisson gifted Man City 3 points and then gave Vardy an open goal the week after. Mistakes happen. The only difference is the consequences of an outfield making a mistake isn't as disastrous as a keeper doing it.
If you want a Merseyside parallel, felt eerily similar to Pickford at Anfield from a few years back

Forget individual errors out there, Molesley lost that from the kick off. One up front is not effective in League Two and will result in hardly any shots, the stats dont lie because mostly the ball comes flying back at us. You cant expect the team to keep winning the ball back and supporting the front one quickly enough to be in a position to shoot.
Yes we may be stifling teams and be a bit unlucky with penalty shouts but with limited movement it counts for nothing.
What you end up with is midfielders joining the attack, they dont understand the movement required as a striker, understandable really.
Our whole attacking ideals are equivalent to square pegs in round holes.

The fact of the matter is that we didn’t get a deserved point today, because of Mark Oxley. How people can say MM is more to blame I don’t know...

Cheap goal to give away, but keepers do make the occasional howler - and 99.9% of the time you pay for it. The bigger issue is us not taking the chances. Hopefully Ricky Holmes will be able to make the difference in the next few weeks. Only consolations are Barrow also losing, and ColU are out-rubbishing us, they are sliding down the table rapidly!

About time we played like the home team when at roots hall, we should be taking the game to the opposition not playing for a useless point, we deserve to go down if we set up like this, that is big points dropped today when it’s our biggest chance to put points on the table at home, we also have the players to do this also now:Scared:

The fact of the matter is that we didn’t get a deserved point today, because of Mark Oxley. How people can say MM is more to blame I don’t know...

Because he made a pointless sub. No need to take Clifford off, and if I recall correctly, the original cross came from the left which resulted in the goal.

I'm not a Oxley fan but i seriously believe he felt the ball was out of play and was like knocking the ball off the top of the net for a goal kick although still in play.
There was alot of players claiming it had gone out and i thought it had!
Lesson for the youngsters i guess play to the whistle!

Back