• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Bolton Wanderers

According to the shrimper zone match ratings, Ox has 5 man of the match performances this season. Presumably he wasn't ****e in those matches.

He's a reasonable keeper at this level. Our problems are no longer at the back.
My left ball could get 5 man of the matches.... as it goes maybe 7

It was a bit of freak situation how the ball went up in the air and crashed against the bar, oxley should of took no chances and tip the ball out for corner. I'm sure oxley big enough to admit he ****ed up and wont let it get to him. He be fine in the next game.

According to the shrimper zone match ratings, Ox has 5 man of the match performances this season. Presumably he wasn't ****e in those matches.

He's a reasonable keeper at this level. Our problems are no longer at the back.
It’s the manner or the goal ffs you’d get the ump with a 14 year old for doing that!!! School boy error .... big wages he’s on and he knows he’s gone in any case come the end of the season probably doesn’t give a ****....

It’s the manner or the goal ffs you’d get the ump with a 14 year old for doing that!!! School boy error .... big wages he’s on and he knows he’s gone in any case come the end of the season probably doesn’t give a ****....

I think you're over-reacting. I see no evidence of Ox, or any of the players, not caring or not putting the effort in.

It's an error, get over it.

The problems, at the moment, are at the other end of the pitch.

Oxley should have dealt with the situation far better not assume the ball was out of play and play to the whistle.Moving on after yesterday defeat we should have lost by more than one goal and overall Bolton probably deserved their 3 points.My reasons over the last three games only against Newport side we created some reasonable chances and scored a deflected goal but against Cambridge and Bolton we created nothing.We are set up not to concede and hopefully score from a set piece or breakaway.When we concede we have nothing in response to get a goal.You cannot continue in this vain we need more creativity in both midfield and uptop if this doesn't change we all know where we are going.Looking to see on Wednesday a much better balanced side.

Oxley should have dealt with the situation far better not assume the ball was out of play and play to the whistle.Moving on after yesterday defeat we should have lost by more than one goal and overall Bolton probably deserved their 3 points.My reasons over the last three games only against Newport side we created some reasonable chances and scored a deflected goal but against Cambridge and Bolton we created nothing.We are set up not to concede and hopefully score from a set piece or breakaway.When we concede we have nothing in response to get a goal.You cannot continue in this vain we need more creativity in both midfield and uptop if this doesn't change we all know where we are going.Looking to see on Wednesday a much better balanced side.
agree with everything you say

I think you're over-reacting. I see no evidence of Ox, or any of the players, not caring or not putting the effort in.

It's an error, get over it.

The problems, at the moment, are at the other end of the pitch.
Get over it ?? oxley is a liability get use to it he’s only here because of his high wage!!! Everyone in the know would tell you this....

Agree, but maybe less bold and more paragraphs next time ?

Get over it ?? oxley is a liability get use to it he’s only here because of his high wage!!! Everyone in the know would tell you this....

If, as you state, Ox was offered a contract on a high wage, it is hardly his fault is it ? How many players are at any club if the deal offered wasn't thought right for both parties at the time ? He is currently our senior goalkeeper and that won't change any time soon. who would be your choice in goal on Wednesday ?

Back