• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Boreham Wood, Saturday 6th August, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 109 71.7%
  • Jaden Crowhust

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 121 79.6%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 137 90.1%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 135 88.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 97 63.8%
  • Cavaghn Miley

Votes: 130 85.5%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 95 62.5%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 56 36.8%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 135 88.8%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 114 75.0%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 54 35.5%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Tommy Davis

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ollie Coker

• Jon Benton

• Louie Arrowsmith

• Luke Reeve

• Jake Hyde

Votes: 94 61.8%

• Win

Votes: 68 44.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall be looking at the passion, the attack ,the skill and creative and artistic performance of the players

unfortunately though it will be at an open air production of Othello as my wife bought tickets some time ago and I hadn’t made the connection with our first home game, which I have seldom missed for years

all our friends dropped out, not wanting to attend Shakespeare’s dark event and I have received a scary swivel eyed look that says you are not backing out of this one!

so have a great opening day Zoners and may the invading armies troupe of heathens sink in a tidal wave of blue
You'll be enjoying Shakespeare on stage while I'll be enjoying a walk down Shakespeare Drive. How I've missed it!

Come on you Blues!

Anyone else worried about our defence? defending crosses (or at least stopping then coming into the box) ?
Massively concerned myself. Missing that commanding middle CB of the three.

Can't even double up on the wings to stop the crosses either. A major weakness of 3-4-3 (if that's what we intend to play) because we don't want to pull back 2 of that front 3 to tuck in with our WBs

Last edited:
Anyone else worried about our defence? defending crosses (or at least stopping then coming into the box) ?
Yes it is a bit of a worry. Boreham Wood have some big guys at the back who will come forward for corners and free kicks and could trouble us at the back. They also defend high balls into their final third very well.

I think Powell has done enough in pre-season to be included in the starting eleven.
Can’t argue with that but I think it really depends on who plays through the middle. If we go with Wreh then I’d start Powell and Mooney wide to cut in and deliver that additional goal threat. If we start Hyde then I’m playing Bridge and Mooney to deliver balls from wide.

It's going to be a tough start to the season. Boreham Wood are down to finish 5th according to FourFourTwo and we shouldn't forget how strong they were last season before their cup run. Hopefully they will stumble today.

It's going to be a tough start to the season. Boreham Wood are down to finish 5th according to FourFourTwo and we shouldn't forget how strong they were last season before their cup run. Hopefully they will stumble today.
They weren't all that much at the Hall last season.

Best day of the season, first game, all starting even and everyone has high expectations for the season ahead. Roll on 3.00, come on you BLUES!!!!!

First game - 2:55 p.m. - when the teams walk out onto the pitch - all your dreams & hopes for the season & are alive & kicking. That is the best time of the season.

I shall miss the old guy behind me in the (Rose) West shouting Sideways and Backwards at our midfield as I lay in the sun hoping that the commentary works

What a beautiful day for the football. Just had a lovely stroll along the seafront.

Can’t be bothered to worry about selections or formations or suchlike so I’m just going to enjoy the view from the South Stand and hope for a decent win to kick off the season!

An attendance of 5,500 for the game is, imo, a very good number, considering.....
And a good start to the season may well bring them all, and some mates back through the turnstiles.
UTB.
2 nil Blues, Hyde and Powell

An attendance of 5,500 for the game is, imo, a very good number, considering.....
And a good start to the season may well bring them all, and some mates back through the turnstiles.
UTB.
2 nil Blues, Hyde and Powell
If they're playing. Wreh and Mooney, if not.

Ticket counter says 5444 right now, reckon we could hit the 6000 mark? Very good crowd for the start of the season if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back