• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Boreham Wood, Saturday 6th August, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 109 71.7%
  • Jaden Crowhust

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 121 79.6%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 137 90.1%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 135 88.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 97 63.8%
  • Cavaghn Miley

Votes: 130 85.5%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 95 62.5%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 56 36.8%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 135 88.8%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 114 75.0%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 54 35.5%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Tommy Davis

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ollie Coker

• Jon Benton

• Louie Arrowsmith

• Luke Reeve

• Jake Hyde

Votes: 94 61.8%

• Win

Votes: 68 44.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So people seem to be settled on the back 5 and Keeper. Mooney and Miley also nailed on starters in most people’s eyes. So it’s the other 3 places up for grabs. At the moment voting seems to be as follows:

Husin>Fonguck
Powell>Bridge
Hyde>Wreh

Nice to have problems like this for a change, squad looks much stronger than last year, especially as JD, Cardwell, Murphy and Scott-Morriss are not yet available - assuming Lomas might make the bench due to lack of minutes but he’ll be in the mix for a start soon as well.
Agree and i think the key to winning some evenly matched games will come down to being far more adventurous with the quality' subs together with a plan of action , I felt some games last season our subs came on quite late and it was desperate headless chicken stuff (ie poor crosses into box for the towering powell) after going behind usually following a period of looking like we were going to concede too..
So my wish is for real impact proactive subs around the 60 minute mark not reactive at 85 minutes, just a thought...

4409 home bums on seats now, so creeping up slowly. With 4 buying days still to go I reckon 5k is probably achievable, and that's without the Boreham Wood hordes that will invade the North Stand. Doubt they will try and take the West now Rose is in charge.

View attachment 21348
24 hours later and we sold

4603 Sold*​

3530 seats available.

Reactions: RHB
This is a great game to open the season with. A very good team with an excellent coach who should be in and around the playoffs this season. Gives us an early look at whether the current squad will be good enough to challenge for a top 7 finish or if some more recruits are needed.

Personally I went for a similar team to others.

Arnold

Ralph
Kensdale
Hobson

Clifford
Miley
Husin
Taylor

Bridge
Hyde
Mooney

That's the exciting thing compared to last year. Play Bridge and you have Powell to come off the bench, and vice versa. Play Husin and you can bring on Fonguck. Play Hyde and you have Weah Werh Wreh. Happy days.
I'd start Fonguck over Husin now he's had some pre-season minutes simply due to his height advantage which we'll need to defend set plays, where Boreham will pose a threat from.

I'd start Fonguck over Husin now he's had some pre-season minutes simply due to his height advantage which we'll need to defend set plays, where Boreham will pose a threat from.
It'll be interesting to see what Kev chooses. Does he stick with the remaining spine of last year's side or does he shake things up? Does he choose 'horses for courses' now he has a more flexible squad or keep things fixed where possible? Two days to go until we start to find out...

I am in agreement with that, a more experienced pro too. It will be a HOT and tiring game so subs ought to be used early, AND how good is it to have positive midfielder options?

This is a great game to open the season with. A very good team with an excellent coach who should be in and around the playoffs this season. Gives us an early look at whether the current squad will be good enough to challenge for a top 7 finish or if some more recruits are needed.

Personally I went for a similar team to others.

Arnold

Ralph
Kensdale
Hobson

Clifford
Miley
Husin
Taylor

Bridge
Hyde
Mooney
Playing Taylor as RWB is suicidal, he wouldn’t offer an threat going forward. If Clifford not on his game, we are ineffective going forward.

Arnold

Taylor Hobo. Kenz. Ralph

Miley. Husin

Mooney. Wes. Bridge

Hyde

I know this line up is highly unlikely but in this formation it gives us a good attack minded side with miley and husin sitting…get the ball to the lads in the front and away we go 😀

Beyond the 343 what formations have we tried in pre-season? I can’t see KM changing it if the first team haven’t been playing differently. I think we have gone 4 at the back but mainly when the youngsters have come on. Otherwise I think there is a lot to be said for what Petejames has suggested

We should top 5,000 home tickets sold tomorrow evening :-)
===============================

4831 Sold*​

3302 seats available.
=================================

Not bad considering its still The Summer Holiday season
Don’t forget Col Ewes Vs Carlisle on Saturday too, it’s be interesting to see which club get bigger crowds.

Don’t forget 500-1000 probably turn up on the day, like me, as some of us have plan or not at weekend.

Playing Taylor as RWB is suicidal, he wouldn’t offer an threat going forward. If Clifford not on his game, we are ineffective going forward.

I agree, I now know what he meant when he said in his signing announcement press release that he wanted to play in the middle. Also thats what he spoke with Kev about.

He isn't a wing back. Just not his nature as a player at all. You can watch the highlights from the Palace u23 game on their YouTube, his positioning was miles off it. You can also tell he just does not enjoy it.

I would wheel out Ole Demi for this one, or Jaden Crowhurst if Kev believes he can hold his own.

I agree, I now know what he meant when he said in his signing announcement press release that he wanted to play in the middle. Also thats what he spoke with Kev about.

He isn't a wing back. Just not his nature as a player at all. You can watch the highlights from the Palace u23 game on their YouTube, his positioning was miles off it. You can also tell he just does not enjoy it.

I would wheel out Ole Demi for this one, or Jaden Crowhurst if Kev believes he can hold his own.
Demi is suspended for the first 3.

Oh mate....I was literally this morning about to quote reply someone else on here being all snarky "For the 37th time....Demetriou is suspended!"

But yet here I am, fallen for the Cypriot Curse. Im gonna have a Camonile & Rose W̶e̶s̶t̶ tea and get an early night in.

Have some turmeric with it as well

Have some turmeric with it as well

It really is all going off at this club at the moment, aint it?

All I need now is a discount from PG Site Services and then I can have my Camonile tea with Turmeric while reading Carl Reader's "Boss it" book and checking my Crypto holdings on Swapsicle on my brand new patio with a house I secured through Gilbert & Rose.

It really is all going off at this club at the moment, aint it?

All I need now is a discount from PG Site Services and then I can have my Camonile tea with Turmeric while reading Carl Reader's "Boss it" book and checking my Crypto holdings on Swapsicle on my brand new patio with a house I secured through Gilbert & Rose.
Patio eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back