• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Boreham Wood, Saturday 6th August, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 109 71.7%
  • Jaden Crowhust

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 121 79.6%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 137 90.1%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 135 88.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 97 63.8%
  • Cavaghn Miley

Votes: 130 85.5%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 95 62.5%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 56 36.8%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 135 88.8%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 114 75.0%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 54 35.5%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Tommy Davis

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ollie Coker

• Jon Benton

• Louie Arrowsmith

• Luke Reeve

• Jake Hyde

Votes: 94 61.8%

• Win

Votes: 68 44.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great game to open the season with. A very good team with an excellent coach who should be in and around the playoffs this season. Gives us an early look at whether the current squad will be good enough to challenge for a top 7 finish or if some more recruits are needed.

Personally I went for a similar team to others.

Arnold

Ralph
Kensdale
Hobson

Clifford
Miley
Husin
Taylor

Bridge
Hyde
Mooney
I think Powell has done enough in pre-season to be included in the starting eleven.

The moment of truth is fast approaching as we count down for our first competitive game of the 2022-23 campaign.
Boreham Wood are expected to do well this season and we will likely undergo a thorough examination this afternoon.
While wishing to avoid being too simplistic I thought many of our woes in the last four seasons were a result of chronically weak midfield combinations. Weakness in that area will both undermine your defence and reduce your attacking options.
Because of their playing background, the coaching team should be very aware of the importance of an effective midfield, and, following their appointment last year, I expected that strengthening this area would be a priority for them. So it has proved and this part of the team has been completely rebuilt since they took over.
As yet we do not know what is regarded as being our first choice combination and it will be interesting to see who of Miley, Husin, Fonguk or Taylor starts. How effective they are this afternoon will go a long way to not only deciding the result of the game but also give us an indication of what kind of season we can expect.

It’s match day - why is nobody else on here excited? Ok it’s not 7am yet, but literally can’t wait!

Had a message overnight from my son who says he can unexpectedly come from London to the game too which makes me so happy!

Whatever the result today, enjoy the game and the Roots Hall experience - Southend United is our club and let’s enjoy journeying this season with it and our fellow travellers.

It’s a big day today as it will be my 5 year old grandson’s first ever game. The beginning of our family’s 5th generation of supporting the Blues. Remember taking my sons to their first game when we were in the old First Division and we hammered Oxford 6-1 in October 1993. Come on lads, give us a game and result to remember.

Excited, pessimistic, optimistic.. all wrapped in an outer shell of confidence.
That’s the dog described anyway… good luck boys.. been a long but unusually for us, active summer break.. let’s see the fruits of our Labour turn into a successful season

I shall be looking at the passion, the attack ,the skill and creative and artistic performance of the players

unfortunately though it will be at an open air production of Othello as my wife bought tickets some time ago and I hadn’t made the connection with our first home game, which I have seldom missed for years

all our friends dropped out, not wanting to attend Shakespeare’s dark event and I have received a scary swivel eyed look that says you are not backing out of this one!

so have a great opening day Zoners and may the invading armies troupe of heathens sink in a tidal wave of blue

It’s been a while since opening day at RH for us fans. Great day for it so some of us are heading down Billy Hundreds for breakfast on the beach….. Barely a wave in sea at the moment….. Things may change after 15:00hrs.

Last year I was gutted to see us in the national league. This year I think we will have a really decent season.

Tough game today but can't wait.

This may be our penultimate season at roots hall. God I'll miss the old girl when we leave.

It’s match day - why is nobody else on here excited? Ok it’s not 7am yet, but literally can’t wait!

Had a message overnight from my son who says he can unexpectedly come from London to the game too which makes me so happy!

Whatever the result today, enjoy the game and the Roots Hall experience - Southend United is our club and let’s enjoy journeying this season with it and our fellow travellers.
Yep, I’m like a little kid, all excited and all,
just waiting for the footy to start again.
Excited for today.
We will be going up as champions this season.

COME ON YOU BLUES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back