• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
What with all that has gone on this week, you would be forgiven for forgetting there is a game tomorrow night!...

So, how on earth is this going to go?

Bradford come here sitting one place and 3 points above the trap door. They have not won in 8 league games and are without a win all season on the road!. In other words, they are very very poor indeed. Anything other than 3 points, would be a disaster in my opinion.

Look's like Barker will be out for a while. He was on crutches and wearing a protective boot at training today...

Prosser to come in?

Line up?

Score?

Attendance?

This is my rather strange line up ...... but there are a number of changes in an attempt to draw a line under the last three games and to put a refreshed XI onto the pitch .............

Morris (I'm not a fan of the loan system and I don't think Daniels is staying)
Clohessey, Prosser, Philips, Gilbert
Leonard, Timlin, Sawyer, Hall,
Dickinson, Harris

Score ......... a confident 2-0 win with more chances than the scoreline suggests .......

Attendance: 5,302

What do you think of that then?

A massive game in our season (someone seems to say the same about every game).

Daniels
Clohessey Phillips Prosser Gilbert
Hall Grant Sawyer Timlin
Dickinson Harris

Think the midfield needs a shake up and that 4 could provide a solution.

I am going for a tense 1-0 win, 0-0 at HT, Dickinson scoring the only goal in the last ten minutes.

Ok im going for a 4 0 win with southend back to there best, we have had our hicup, now we go on another run Dickinson, Timlin with a brace each, in front of 5,800 fans.

It looks on paper just the kind of opposition you would want after losing three games on the bounce.
I would love to actually steam roller them(or anybody else) with loads of goals but would imagine Friday will be another home
game sitting on the edge of my seat nervously checking my watch in the closing minute’s.
Still think we will win though but maybe 2-1

Although the normally dependable Barker has looked a little shaky of late he will still be missed if not fit.
Would like to see Morris back between the sticks now to replace Daniels..

Morris
Leonard, Timlin, Grant, Hall,
Dickinson, Harris

Would be great to batter them like away at Rotherham earlier this season.
The club needs a left after this hopefully short losing run.
Bradford are desperate for points so will be difficult to break down but we appear to be twice as good as them and we can start another unbeaten run into the new year.
Just hope the fans get behind the players and the whingers stay at home.
:smile:

I think Prosser in for Barker, and the back four picks itself. Also think Dickinson will come back in up top either with Harris or Blair, as we have to play 4-4-2 at home against Bradford.

Its the midfield that is the conundrum. 4 from Hall, Sawyer, Grant, Timlin, JPK, Ferdinand and Leonard.

I would like to see Sawyer given a chance, but I just don't see Sturrock giving him one.

My choice would be Sawyer, Timlin, Grant, Hall, but I think we will see Leonard in for Sawyer and Ferdinand in for Grant.

We need an early goal, as I am sure Bradford will park the bus and look to hit us on the break. Lets hope its not one of those nights where we end Bradford's bad run and lack of away wins.

Can either see a 1-0 defeat or a 3-0 win as daft as that sounds.

If we get an early goal it'll settle us and we'll win by 2 or 3. However the longer it stay 0-0 I think nerves will show and we'll end up losing and ShrimperZone will implode.

Would be great to batter them like away at Rotherham earlier this season.
The club needs a left after this hopefully short losing run.
Bradford are desperate for points so will be difficult to break down but we appear to be twice as good as them and we can start another unbeaten run into the new year.
Just hope the fans get behind the players and the whingers stay at home.
:smile:

That would be a new left back I imagine? :winking: Gilbert to be replaced in January by ....(whisper it) Bilel?:unsure:

Barker's protective boot makes his injury look a lot worse than it is.

He is expecting to be fit for Boxing Day.

It looks on paper just the kind of opposition you would want after losing three games on the bounce.
I would love to actually steam roller them(or anybody else) with loads of goals but would imagine Friday will be another home
game sitting on the edge of my seat nervously checking my watch in the closing minute’s.
Still think we will win though but maybe 2-1

Although the normally dependable Barker has looked a little shaky of late he will still be missed if not fit.
Would like to see Morris back between the sticks now to replace Daniels..

Morris
Leonard, Timlin, Grant, Hall,
Dickinson, Harris

That would be my team spot on. We've had a little spell of tinkering with the side, Prosser left wing, Mohsni right wing, Blair & Harris upfront, Hall on the bench....lets go back to basics as this side is good enough for this league. The defence don't seem as confident now and some soft shots have gone in lately. The Harris & Dicko partnership has done the job plenty of times, thinking back to the Shrewsbury fri night game they couldn't them.

Back