• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we tell 'Essex Bantam' that you can't pay on the gate?

That's open to question.

He's still finishing his set off with 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.

Nothing like flogging a dead old cart horse!

Who would be the best finisher at the club in your opinion then? Having watched all our strikers this season, Mooney by far looks the most composed in a 1-1 IMO.

Good question, probably Jack Payne, I've not been particularly impressed with any of the strikers this season to be fair, Barnett's first month or so aside. For what it's worth I do think Mooney should be given a second chance next season, with the right partner he could still flourish.

However, unless you're counting penalties as 1-1's then you must have forgotten that Mooney has missed more times in that situation than he's scored. Yes I agree that he did score good goals at Col U and at Burton but he's missed far more very good chances than he's scored.

Also for those calling for Mooney and Barnett to be partnered together tomorrow, we tried this against Crewe and it was a complete disaster, not an option for me. I'd have another look at the Hunt/Mooney which showed promise early in the season, assuming they're fit enough. I've seen enough of Barnett's recent half arsed performances to realise he shouldn't be offered a contract.

I have slightly abbreviated your post and tried to see a true positive BUT he didn't do a lot against Col U (1 goal and 4 off sides?) or Burton.
I haven't seen much show of 1 on 1 success from him that gives me confidence; in the same way as I would have for, say, David Crown (same league standard) and as you say he doesn't do heading the ball.
For last home game of the season I would rather have Hunt with Barnett, if Jack isn't being played. Hunt can shoot, head and do 1 on 1 stuff........................if he is fit:blush:

Mooney is an excellent finisher,but not as others have said ,a target man,which is where Brown has mostly played him.Many of his offsides have come from "midfielders" like Payne and Atkinson not seeing his runs quickly enough.Blatant example:his 2nd superb finish at Col U when Payne fatally delayed the obvious pass.

According to the City website, you can.
But, sadly, it's irrelevant to me. By a triumph of bad planning my London based, City supporting son is up here visiting us for the weekend when we both ought to be staying with my mum in Grays and going to the match.
So I will be nervously monitoring proceedings on my phone as we drive around the delights of the Yorkshire countryside. Doh!

Back